Home

Sound Off: Can a Madden Rating Encapsulate the Cowboys Collapse?

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Can a Madden Rating Encapsulate the Cowboys Collapse? within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 12-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sound Off: Can a Madden Rating Encapsulate the Cowboys Collapse?

Ah yes December. The time of Christmas, Hannakuh, cold weather, and Dallas Cowboy collapses.

While head chief Steve Noah (who is an avid Cowboys fan) probably doesn't approve of this news post -- I think it's important for us to try to figure out if there is a potential Madden rating, real or not, which could sum up how the Cowboys could take a 23 point lead and squander it over a half of football.

Is it some sort of Tony Romo 42ovr clutch rating? Is it a Jason Garrett playcall 44ovr rating? Do we give the Cowboys a special team ability that lowers everyone's ratings by 10-20 points as December hits? Is it simply the defense needs its ratings lowered for the Cowboys?

Sound off with your own ratings ideas to explain away the Cowboys collapse.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 04:33 PM   #2
Live your life

Gotmadskillzson's Arena

OVR: 49
Re: Sound Off: Can a Madden Rating Encapsulate the Cowboys Collapse?

Call it a Player Sense bug. Cowboys thought the game was over and just gave up, just like the AI does in Madden. Cowboys just need a patch, but instead they will just add an average player and get rid of two good players and call it the brand new Cowboys team. They will get plenty of hype before the regular season begins, but when they collapse, they will claim they didn't know their team had a problem.
Old 12-16-2013, 06:06 PM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

It's more of a "trait" than an attribute, IMHO...

Like, their collective and individual Consistency and Clutch numbers should be in the "below zero" range?

Old 12-16-2013, 06:16 PM   #4
MVP

BBallcoach's Arena

OVR: 7

It's more like who ever is controlling them, can't close games! Yesterday it was more Jason Garrett than anything else. Why wasn't he running the ball? Yeah their excuse for the play they called I really don't buy either.
Old 12-16-2013, 09:52 PM   #5
Pro

Pandetta's Arena

OVR: 8

Seems easy enough to make a "choker" trait, similar to the clutch trait. Have it do the reverse - IE decrease stats in clutch situations.

I'm sure players would be annoyed, but I'd love to see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 12-16-2013, 10:16 PM   #6
Earlwolfx on XBL

Cusefan's Arena

OVR: 35

I think that's what separates real life and video games. For example, Every player in madden has a rating so you know exactly how good Tom Brady and how good Ryan Mallet is, thing is we don't really know how good Ryan Mallet is as a starter. Personally I think Madden needs to scrap all the rating for something that is more fluid and hidden to a extent.
Old 12-17-2013, 12:45 AM   #7
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cusefan
I think that's what separates real life and video games. For example, Every player in madden has a rating so you know exactly how good Tom Brady and how good Ryan Mallet is, thing is we don't really know how good Ryan Mallet is as a starter. Personally I think Madden needs to scrap all the rating for something that is more fluid and hidden to a extent.
I actually agree completely with this. Players in Madden are way too predictable and way too consistent to actually match what you see on the field. I'm sure there would be a massive outcry if they changed it (people like predictable and consistent) but you can look to games like OOTP Baseball to see what a game with a less predictable rating scheme would be like.
Old 12-18-2013, 10:28 AM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

Yeah I'm a Cowboys fan and I was thinking about this the other day. They should lower Romo's awareness, accuracy, and clutch in December. That's if the game is wants to be realistic. It probably should be like Beat the Streak mode in the WWE game trying to win with Romo in December. They should also make the receivers run the wrong routes and drop easy passes. I'm not going to get into Jason Garrett and the rest of the coaching staff they just need to be fired asap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »