Home

Front Office Football Seven Review (PC)

This is a discussion on Front Office Football Seven Review (PC) within the Other Football Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-03-2014, 12:16 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Front Office Football Seven Review (PC)

For all the hype Madden and the NFL gets each year, it's surprising that there are very few pro football text sims available. Even those available don’t get much press.

I’m not sure why, either. Football is as ingrained in statistics as baseball, and there are multiple quality baseball text sims produced each year. American football is more popular here in the states than football (soccer), yet there are at least two annual soccer sims that regularly get top billing on Steam.

However, for whatever reason, finding a football text sim is difficult. Perhaps the most “mainstream” was the NFL Head Coach series, produced for consoles by EA. But there’s been another option quietly gaining a following among football fans for over a decade: Front Office Football. The seventh iteration of of FOF was just released by the small company Solecismic Software; will Front Office Football 7 fill the pro football text sim niche?

Read More - Front Office Football Seven Review (PC)
Platform: PC
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 12:35 PM   #2
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Pretty decent score. I've never heard of this game before. Intriguing.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:38 PM   #3
Efficiency = Joy

NaturalSelected's Arena

OVR: 21
Correction: relatively "steep" under learning curve.
Old 01-03-2014, 12:41 PM   #4
Pro

soonermagic88's Arena

OVR: 6
This looks fun. Are there any College Football text based sims out there?
Old 01-03-2014, 12:44 PM   #5
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8
Re: Front Office Football Seven Review (PC)

Quote:
Originally Posted by soonermagic88
This looks fun. Are there any College Football text based sims out there?
It looks like the same company offers one. "The College Years".

I've never heard of this but I'm probably going to try it out. Looks great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-03-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: Front Office Football Seven Review (PC)

Like your review.. Have you done any other reviews? I just picked up 4th Street Football and surprised there is not any Info on this site about it.. I am going to play it for a while and then maybe try and write a review about it here.. So far I am really liking it BUT I am only trying out the Coaching part of the game(Play calling) Have not even looked at the Drafting and team running(GM) yet..
Old 01-03-2014, 03:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Couple things Caley:

-I don't speak for the developer, but just as a member of the community at Front Office Football Central (the unofficial message board of the game). Want to make that clear.
-Very active community at http://operationsports.com/fofc . Welcoming to newcomers.
-One man studio is indeed correct. Has always been.
-The developer listened to community feedback regarding the graphics and is currently running a contest for user-submitted entries to replace some of them to improve the UI.
-Graphics mods (including logos, etc.) are typically done by the community (or have been in the past), and should be out shortly if they're not already (I don't know if they are to be honest).
Old 01-03-2014, 04:17 PM   #8
Rookie

I have played this game since the beginning back in 98 or so.. I can tell you without a shadow of a doubt that this is the best football sim out there. If you want to be a GM or coach and play a franchise to the end of time, you can. There is no built in end to the game, you can play til the year 3000 and beyond if you want to. The developer is also working on improving the graphical look of the game some, not a major overhauls, but better looking elements as far as background and calendar screens, etc.

Not only that, but the single player experience and multi player experience are both top of the line. Single player is a challenge now, which it struggled with in past versions. The AI is impressive, to say the least. Computer controlled teams will operate very much like they should, down to game planning to feature their most talented players. If you're someone like me who likes to manage and coach/watch my team play, this game blows any football sim from any time in history out of the water. It's not even a contest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Other Football Games »