Home

NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

This is a discussion on NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-06-2014, 02:51 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

As reports of problems continue to mount with NBA 2K14, some frustrated gamers have been taking their complaints to the retailers they bought the game from with some reportedly finding success in getting refunds for the game.

One such report is from Scott Burress (@ExtremeGamer) who reports that he was able to get a full refund for the game through Amazon.

According to a tweet from Michael Futter of GameInformer (@Futterish), some people are also reporting they are requesting and getting refunds for NBA 2K14 digital purchases.

As you may know, NBA 2K14 has suffered from numerous problems which have made the game unplayable for some. In a recent poll on OS, 91% of people responded in saying they have had issues with the game -- with 68% saying the problems will impact their buying decision of NBA 2K next season.

Let us know if you have received a refund or any compensation from 2K and also be sure to keep an eye on the NBA 2K forums for the latest on the game's status.
Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 03:01 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 0
This is looking a lot like the issues the MLB series that that ultimately ended that series a few years later. Though there is no real competition like there was with MLB The Show. Here's to hoping it's just 2k not knowing the next gen consoles yet.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:07 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
ACY plays for the kings.
last week couldnt connect online, but overall i would say ive had no more than 4 or 5 days of online issues.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #4
Black Mamba

Shadymamba's Arena

OVR: 26
On the PS3 I would say i had some 4th quarter freezes that really pissed me off - but that happens in all games and it happens about once every 15-20 games so its like ok whatever i turn it off get mad and play again - I did hear some of the next gen consoles have had major issues. I know the servers went down..last week so that probably pissed some people off - I still think saving the games on their servers is insane because if their servers go down..like it did - how are people supposed to play their games w/o converting over the offline which doesn't allow you to come back to and online type save - so maybe for 15 they say "save on your own console" like the old days and maybe some of the issues will be resolved - who knows

PS. I'm guessing my game will freeze tonight as I just jinxed it and it hasn't froze in over a month LOL
Old 01-06-2014, 03:19 PM   #5
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

The link to the poll is restricted. Can't see it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-06-2014, 03:20 PM   #6
MVP

canucksss's Arena

OVR: 13
Re: NBA 2K14: As Problems Mount, Some Gamers Getting Refunds from Retailers

I hope that 2k will learn from this.....releasing the game without properly addressing glaring issues that already exists in CG and still could be found in the NG. This could be the BEST GAME EVER released with a new console.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:23 PM   #7
Pro

OVR: 2
I pride myself to be a patient guy, but to be honest I am starting to loose my faith... If they don't solve their continuos server problems, the horrendous input lag online, the atrocious online leagues without customization (I don't know how they dare to call them like that in the xbox one version at least), the inability to load my saves... I definitely am going to try to get my money back.

Right now I would vote for NBA 2k14 next-gen to be the most disappointing sports tittle in th whole history of videogames, it is just like the devil under a beautiful woman skin...

Last edited by Guard-ian; 01-06-2014 at 03:28 PM.
Old 01-06-2014, 03:31 PM   #8
Banned

OVR: 2
Can I get a refund for LIVE? Havin fun playing 2K

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »