Home

NBA 2K15 Wishlist

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Wishlist within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-07-2014, 08:17 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
NBA 2K15 Wishlist

GameInformer has posted their NBA 2K15 wishlist. Quite a few topics on OS have been created as well. Make sure you check them out in our Forums and add to the lists here.
Platform: PC / PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 08:29 AM   #2
MVP

jayman504's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 Wishlist

Roster saves to HDD..enough said!
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #3
Pro

Clappington's Arena

OVR: 0

I know people would disagree or be like why are you still on that but hey its a wish list.

Bring back the real crew I'd love to see that.

BETTER servers.

Tournaments maybe at the Park?
Old 01-07-2014, 09:25 AM   #4
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41
ALL saves to the HDD. Please do away with VC in MyGM. Crazy that I have to use VC to change the rotation of my team.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:29 AM   #5
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Change the PARK where there's an option to play quick games with a friend rather than stand there for 20 minutes for a game to finish!

Bring back the mascots, cheerleaders and the sideline photographers.

Get rid of pre-made faces and bring back a true create a player!

Upgrade arena atmosphere (crowd noise, bells and whistles, etc.) the sound should be on par with the next gen graphics!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-07-2014, 09:32 AM   #6
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

My request for more authentic and fulfilling end-of-game buzzer beaters, from this thread: http://www.operationsports.com/forum...-shot-yet.html.

Regarding buzzer beaters, I think this is one of the most obvious cases where, once proper end-of-game atmosphere and reaction were implemented, gamers would not be able to fathom how they were ever able to play a game that didn't contain such capabilities. When we look back on this era of gaming and how buzzer beaters played out (mediocre crowd reaction, a line or two from an announcer, no replay, three second cut-scene), we're going to find it hilarious.

For the sake of construction, here are my suggestions:

1) Audio Overhaul: Real life fan responses to buzzer beaters are deafening and immediate. Even if the crowd is loud and in a frenzy prior to the play, they still find another level in the event of an incredible game-winning finish. That feel does not translate into 2K.

2) Crowd Appearance Overhaul: I think EA NHL hockey had a sort of fan response technology where the crowd could leap in varied unison upon a scored goal. It didn't look perfect, but they were headed in the right direction. Buzzer beaters yield spastic physical reactions en masse.

3) Gamers Should Remain in Control: Celebration cut scenes are anti-climatic. On-court responses should take place in real time with no break or cut. Even if gamers can't control exactly whether their player fist pumps or dances, I think they should retain directional control. Teammates should be chasing the winning player. The bench should be clear. It should be frantic. It should not be five players sort of celebrating to themselves in a cut scene.

4) Commentary Overhaul: There's often been a delay in response to game-winning or important shots. I believe there should be more variance and a sense of improvisation. Sometimes it feels like the announcing is trying to sum up the game the second the shot goes in. Simple but excited can go far. "He hit it!", "YES!", "Game over!", "It's good!", then followed by feedback and summary.

5) Replays: 2K technology would benefit from being able to extend the replay window for their games. Have you guys ever hit a game-winner only to not pause fast enough to watch the replay? Or, you can access the replay but it stops before the ball hits the floor, not allowing you to re-live the glorious aftermath? I feel it should all play out and be able to be re-played out.

Further, I believe the game should linger after a big shot like that. By that I mean, commentators should show replays of the crazy shot and dissect the entire scenario ("Watch him step up and hit this shot! Unbelievable! I thought he had no chance! No chance!")

The buzzer beater may be the most exciting moment in all of basketball. It's a travesty that it's been so wildly misrepresented through the years. I mean, we've accepted it because we've never known any difference, but I feel it's time for a change.

Buzzer Beater Template:

Last edited by VDusen04; 05-20-2014 at 12:02 PM.
Old 01-07-2014, 09:47 AM   #7

m1ke_nyc's Arena

OVR: 7

The entire VC economy needs to be overhauled. Its taken over the entire game yet we don't receive enough VC to play multiple modes and enjoy them. If its gonna run the entire game they need to give us more VC and lower prices. BUT I think VC should strictly be in myteam. Using the same currency system over multiple modes is a bad idea as you then have to decide which mode to invest the most time in and some of us wanna enjoy the entire game.

Also this constant connection to the servers stuff needs to be stopped. If we have to rely on your servers to play our game then your servers better work 100% of the time. Theres no excuse for me not being able to enjoy my $60 purchase because your servers crapped out.
Old 01-07-2014, 10:06 AM   #8
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
1. Roll back VC to online-focused modes and definately out of MyGM.
2. Enable managable hard drive saves
3. Add in more little touches (e.g., players wearing warm ups on the bench, people moving in the stands, dancers/cheerleaders, camera people on the baseline, etc.)

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »