Home

'Universal Currency' Coming to MLB 14 The Show

This is a discussion on 'Universal Currency' Coming to MLB 14 The Show within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-09-2014, 12:37 AM   #9
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 'Universal Currency' Coming to MLB 14 The Show

Please tell me that you learned something from 2K
NOBODY want's a game that they spend $60 on, only to have to keep pumping fists fulls of quarters into just to play!
Keep it useful and it will be accepted, make it feel like you are trying to take advantage of your fan base, and it won't end well. Ask Zynga, or 2K in a few years if they keep it up.
Old 01-09-2014, 12:59 AM   #10
Rookie

pay26's Arena

when we will have pictures or videos of this game, No Mlb the Show in Ces 2014?
Old 01-09-2014, 01:16 AM   #11
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pay26
when we will have pictures or videos of this game, No Mlb the Show in Ces 2014?
HAHA LOL, Trust ME...don't even go there! Panties get wadded up tighter than a drum around here, over those kinds of questions.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 02:03 AM   #12
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by WickedFastball
HAHA LOL, Trust ME...don't even go there! Panties get wadded up tighter than a drum around here, over those kinds of questions.
The problem is not the question, the problem is when the question is answered, there are people that need some deeper meaning to the answer and feel there is some underlining conspiracy for SCEA to steal our money and never show us what we're buying.

It gets tired!
Old 01-09-2014, 02:34 AM   #13
Pro

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
I'm still confused... I mean I get why they'd allow you to buy a larger budget... and I couldn't care less about that.

But why would they let you earn a larger budget? I don't even want to earn one. That's silly.

So if I'm understanding correctly, just by playing random things and accumulating currency, I will be able to turn the Tampa Bay Rays into the New York Yankees?

I don't get how that will work at all.
If you're utilizing all features of a franchise you are essentially playing as the "owner". If one cares enough to control tickets prices and merchandise sells, limit your player salaries, staff salaries, etc...you're basically playing a business game and operating in a budget. But the goal of all of that is to increase profits, thus increasing the budget.

There's certainly a fan base out there that wants to act as a "new ownership group" and turn the lower income ballclubs into high profiting, high spending teams. Thus the shortcut for an increase in budget.

Or in all likelihood, not everyone wants to run a sim franchise and just wants to use there favorite small market team and load up on superstars.

The beauty of the show is they offer something for everyone.
Old 01-09-2014, 03:22 AM   #14
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4
No game stop anywhere near me.
also im sick of the mom and pop shops who are actually helpful and care about my money getting screwed.
Old 01-09-2014, 04:00 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by juicer420
If you're utilizing all features of a franchise you are essentially playing as the "owner". If one cares enough to control tickets prices and merchandise sells, limit your player salaries, staff salaries, etc...you're basically playing a business game and operating in a budget. But the goal of all of that is to increase profits, thus increasing the budget.

There's certainly a fan base out there that wants to act as a "new ownership group" and turn the lower income ballclubs into high profiting, high spending teams. Thus the shortcut for an increase in budget.

Or in all likelihood, not everyone wants to run a sim franchise and just wants to use there favorite small market team and load up on superstars.

The beauty of the show is they offer something for everyone.
As long as you don't need that currency to change line ups, trade players, or anything stupid like that, then it should be ok.

If its more just like, well your budge is 85m but you can buy a 120m budget, then that is fine.

But it better not be like how the GM Mode in NBA2k is.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-09-2014, 04:51 AM   #16
Banned

Sounds like their version of NBA2K's VC!

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »