Home

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 Confirmed For PS3, Vita, PSP

This is a discussion on Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 Confirmed For PS3, Vita, PSP within the Other Baseball Games forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 05:21 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 Confirmed For PS3, Vita, PSP

The latest issue of Famitsu magazine has confirmed that Konami will be releasing Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 in Japan on March 20, 2014 for PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable.

A PlayStation 4 version was not mentioned, which is surprising, given that Konami's soccer franchise, Pro Evolution Soccer, will appear on PlayStation 4 this fall.

Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 will include twice as many commentary lines as last year's game, plus it has re-recorded many of the game's sound effects by capturing audio directly from Nippon Professional Baseball stadiums.

Famitsu's preview also mentions a new "guess the pitch" feature, which increases the likelihood of a powerful hit if the batter correctly predicts the incoming pitch's location.

Pricing for the three versions was also revealed:

PS3: 7600 yen/$73 (retail), 7100 yen/$68 (digital download)
Vita: 6650 yen/$64 (retail), 6150 yen/$59 (digital download)
PSP: 3790 yen/$36 (retail), 3290 yen/$31 (digital download)

Konami's baseball games have traditionally been region-free, meaning the retail version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 should play on American consoles without any modifications. Preorders have not yet gone live, but expect import shops like Play-Asia and NCSX to start accepting orders in the coming weeks.

Downloading the digital version of Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 will require a Japanese PlayStation Network account.
Platform: PS3 / PSP / PS Vita
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 05:42 PM   #2
So Real!!

ckarlic's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Pro Yakyuu Spirits 2014 Confirmed For PS3, Vita, PSP

Nice! This is great news. I will most likely go for just the Vita version this year. For some reason, I enjoy the vita version of PYS 13 alot more than the PS3 version. To me, the Vita version just plays better.
New Youtube Gaming Channel -- SpicyChicharron
Follow me on Twitter
Old 01-15-2014, 05:53 PM   #3
Rookie

Williekemp15's Arena

OVR: 3
No PS4 version is pretty disappointing
Old 01-15-2014, 07:15 PM   #4
MVP

Earl1963's Arena

OVR: 11
I this coming to the U.S.?
Old 01-15-2014, 07:37 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Earl1963
I this coming to the U.S.?
Pretty much zero chance of that. The PYS series has been running in Japan for well over a decade now, and no version of the game has ever been published in the West. And while the game has become more popular as an import over the past few years, it's still too niche of a market for it to be worth it for Konami to bring it over here.

That being said, it's an easy enough game to import, if you're willing to spend the extra money, and even though the menus are all in Japanese, learning how to navigate them isn't that difficult.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-15-2014, 10:01 PM   #6
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Manny_Shevitz
Pretty much zero chance of that. The PYS series has been running in Japan for well over a decade now, and no version of the game has ever been published in the West. And while the game has become more popular as an import over the past few years, it's still too niche of a market for it to be worth it for Konami to bring it over here.

That being said, it's an easy enough game to import, if you're willing to spend the extra money, and even though the menus are all in Japanese, learning how to navigate them isn't that difficult.
Or if you have a cousin and daughter in-law who are Japanese!
(they probably gave me a bunch of wrong info though to break my balls )

M.K.
Knight165
Old 01-16-2014, 05:18 AM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Nice! This is great news. I will most likely go for just the Vita version this year. For some reason, I enjoy the vita version of PYS 13 alot more than the PS3 version. To me, the Vita version just plays better.
Likewise. I think the game looks so vibrant on the Vita's OLED, that the PS3 version seems a little lifeless in comparison. It's also a perfect game for your lunchbreak. Takes about 40 mins to pitch and bat for nine innings.

Looking forward to the new stadium audio. The PYS series really creates a brilliant atmosphere as it is with the commentary, crowd chants and hitting so it will be interesting to see if this injects a bit more individuality.
Old 01-16-2014, 04:34 PM   #8
Pro

Herschie's Arena

OVR: 0
Could this perhaps be the new RBI Baseball? Would make sense if Konami bought the rights to RBI Baseball. I doubt it would be too difficult to use the engine for this game and just simply plug in MLB teams, stadiums, and players. Seems more likely than another company doing an underground project for the psat couple years.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Other Baseball Games »