Home

EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-15-2014, 09:06 PM   #17
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: EA Sports UFC Screenshot - Costas Philippou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guapo516
Not necessarily comparing UFC to nba live but I was comparing ea's marketing to ea's marketing. Secondly I wasn't nor do I think anyone was complaining about what info we have been getting.

If you cared to read my post you would see that I said its not like live where you have competition in the genre and in that case they should keep things alil more tight lipped, but with a game where there's no competition I feel they could be more aggressive showing their game. So take it easy.

Nah. I don't need to take it easy. You asked for a "taste" and they are giving you a "taste" w/ screenshots. What good does it do for them to release a ton of info 5 mos before the game is in stores?

Last edited by aholbert32; 01-15-2014 at 10:23 PM.
Old 01-16-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
Banned

OVR: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah. I don't need to take it easy. You asked for a "taste" and they are giving you a "taste" w/ screenshots. What good does it do for them to release a ton of info 5 mos before the game is in stores?
I do not understand why you are so biased when it comes to this UFC game. These are honest questions and comments people have about EA and the games they have recently put out. There is nothing wrong with people wanting more. Yea the screenshots look great and give some people hope, but with EA's recent lets say "short falls" when it comes to actual gameplay. Its going leave a few folks skeptical and I do not see anything wrong with expressing that opinion.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:01 PM   #19
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by bspang2
I do not understand why you are so biased when it comes to this UFC game. These are honest questions and comments people have about EA and the games they have recently put out. There is nothing wrong with people wanting more. Yea the screenshots look great and give some people hope, but with EA's recent lets say "short falls" when it comes to actual gameplay. Its going leave a few folks skeptical and I do not see anything wrong with expressing that opinion.
Biased? Nah. If you knew me you'd know thats the last thing I am when it comes to EA games. I'm just patient and dont have unrealistic expectations. Anyone who follows sports games knows that its rare that you ever see videos or full feature lists 4-5 mos out from release. At best, you get a screenshot or too and generic feature information. We have all that from EA at this point.

You want a generic feature list, go to EA's UFC page and there is plenty of info. If you want specific information, be patient. It will come eventually. There is no reason EA has to release any information and no reason you need any info right now when the game is likely coming out in May. Be patient.
Old 01-16-2014, 06:52 PM   #20
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
It'd be nice to have more than generic info and some screenshots of guys though. I'm not obviously asking for everything to be revealed, but it should be more than just some screenshots.
Old 01-16-2014, 07:12 PM   #21
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
It'd be nice to have more than generic info and some screenshots of guys though. I'm not obviously asking for everything to be revealed, but it should be more than just some screenshots.
With 5 mos to go though? I cant think of one game that is releasing videos or features list 5 mos before release. NBA2k doesnt release info until 2 mos before. Madden 3-4 at the most. The Show is coming out in March/April and we still dont have anything.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-16-2014, 08:44 PM   #22
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

I am tired of screenshots, I wanna see some video, and read details about the gameplay system, how is striking going to be handled, how is blocking going to be handled how is grappling going to be handled. I wan't the important stuff. Teasers of screenshots of big names to give a tase at first are cool, But now were are getting screen shots of Costas Phillipou who is a marginal top 10 at best. Come on enough of this EA and start releasing some REAL INFO
Old 01-16-2014, 08:47 PM   #23
Who? Giroux!

ManiacMatt1782's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
With 5 mos to go though? I cant think of one game that is releasing videos or features list 5 mos before release. NBA2k doesnt release info until 2 mos before. Madden 3-4 at the most. The Show is coming out in March/April and we still dont have anything.
It says spring and best guess is april or may so we are like 3-4 months out right now, might be a little early for video, but its not too early for a little more detailed description of gameplay. For EA MMA we got info on the gameplay system around this time frame.
Old 01-16-2014, 10:12 PM   #24
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by ManiacMatt1782
It says spring and best guess is april or may so we are like 3-4 months out right now, might be a little early for video, but its not too early for a little more detailed description of gameplay. For EA MMA we got info on the gameplay system around this time frame.
Its probably May. Every date I've seen has it either May 20 (Gamefly) or May 5.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »