Home

Sound Off: Player Personalities and the Teams You Root For

This is a discussion on Sound Off: Player Personalities and the Teams You Root For within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-21-2014, 11:20 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sound Off: Player Personalities and the Teams You Root For

Most would agree that the game itself is the most exciting part of playoff football. But once in a while the drama that goes on behind the scenes and under the helmets finds a way to leak out into the public's eye. Granted emotions were flying high for Seattle after clinching a spot in the Super Bowl, but Richard Sherman's on-camera outburst during his post-game interview was a little awkward and off-putting to many.

Many NFL players (see: Peyton Manning) have almost perfected the ability to keep an image of calm in the midst of the most stressful and emotional times. A large portion of last night's audience reacted to Sherman's excitement by calling him classless -- and admittedly that was my first reaction. But keep in mind, we're talking about a Stanford graduate who looked directly into the camera and spoke without swearing. For many fans however, Sherman just personified the type of "attitude" people like to cheer against (or for?) when we want to tune in but don't have a dog in the fight.

Sound Off: Which NFL player personalities impact the teams you root for or against?
Platform: Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 01:05 PM   #2
Rookie

OVR: 48
I don't see anything wrong with Sherman's outburst! the man was dogged all over twitter by Crabtree; and Sherman got the last laugh, on a national stag! How do you like them apples! lol
It's an age old saying " the Squeaky wheel, will always get the Oil !"
Sherman's young and full of piss and vinegar; so give him some time to mature a bit more, and you will see that he is the best!
Do you remember a player, by the name of "Prime Time?" nuff said
Adrian Peterson is my type of player! borderline cocky to arrogant; but can back it up with his play!

cheers
Old 01-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #3
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21
Re: Sound Off: Player Personalities and the Teams You Root For

I have little to no problem with Sherman, because he's just using tactics from the fight world and the music world to ignite social media in an (successful) attempt to get "paid" like the top cover corner he currently is, as opposed to the number 6 pick he was...

#beatsheadphonesftw

As far as my personal biases go:

Personally, I'm a lifetime member of the Patriots Haterz Club, simply because the smugness of the QB and HC grate on me...as well as the general "entitlement" vibe of the franchise and fan base...

I (and many of my friends) will watch a Pats game simply to root against them...

Then again, I'm a Bills fan, so that's a factor...

Old 01-21-2014, 02:01 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 0
It's hilarious the way many overreacting to this.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:13 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

I guess I'm a boring, button-down, blue-collar sort of fan since my two favorite professional teams have that rep.

Stay humble and let your actions speak. Michael Jordan doesn't have to tell you he's the greatest, you already know.

Joe Montana was a guest last week on Inside the NFL. They referred to him as a "49ers legend" and he blushed and said "I don't know about that." Nobody in their right mind would think he's anything less than that. But that's my kind of guy. Be humble, talk softly, respect your opponent but kick his *** on the field.

As for Sherman, I didn't like it but I didn't lose any sleep over it either.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-21-2014, 02:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 0
I liked it. They both were talking trash the whole game. Erin Andrews ran up on him while emotions were still high. She just got a truthful answer. Crabtree was "mediocre" that day. Sherman had him locked down.
Old 01-21-2014, 02:50 PM   #7
Robot

thaima1shu's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by LowerWolf
Stay humble and let your actions speak. Michael Jordan doesn't have to tell you he's the greatest, you already know.
Is Michael Jordan really the best example of someone staying humble? Didn't he talk tons of trash too?
Old 01-21-2014, 02:54 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

LowerWolf's Arena

OVR: 19

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaima1shu
Is Michael Jordan really the best example of someone staying humble? Didn't he talk tons of trash too?
That's a very good point.

I don't remember him boasting about himself ... but I could be wrong on that.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »