Home

The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Features

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Features within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2014, 01:50 AM   #1
Pro

Zlax45's Arena

OVR: 9
The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Features

HB Studios has officially announced their next generation golf simulation titled, The Golf Club. Coming this Spring to Xbox One, PS4 and PC. Check out the press release and features list below, as well as the new videos and screenshots.

Press Release

Veteran Sports Game Developer Bringing The Golf Club to Next Gen Consoles and PC

Canadian video game developer HB Studios announced today their next generation Golf simulation The Golf Club. With outstanding, fun gameplay and a gorgeous visual presentation, The Golf Club really jumps into the next generation with the procedural generation of courses and depth of social interaction. There truly will be an unlimited number of golf courses to be created, shared and played with your friends.

The Golf Club Course Creator can generate a brand new, original course in seconds that can be shared and played immediately online with friends and other gamers across PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC. The technique of procedural generation also brings loading times into courses down to next to zero and completely eliminates any waiting between holes. There are also full editing capabilities should gamers want to put their mark on the generated course. Customization extends to Tournaments and Tours, which can be shared along with the courses online.

On the social side you can challenge your friends on a new or existing course in real time or try to beat their best recorded round. Add to this a myriad of stat tracking and personal bests of friends and rivals to beat, notifications, challenges and social media integration and you truly have a golf club worth joining.

Built using the excellent Unity game engine, The Golf Club will be coming to PlayStation 4, Xbox One and PC in the spring of 2014. For screenshots, videos and additional information on The Golf Club please visit www.thegolfclubgame.com.

FEATURES

The Golf Club is HB Studios’ next generation golf simulation. Stunning visual presentation and outstanding gameplay are to be expected but what really takes The Golf Club into the next generation is the procedural generation of courses and depth of social interaction. The Course Creator can generate a brand new course in seconds which can be shared and played immediately online with friends and other gamers across PlayStation 4, XBox One and PC. There are also full editing capabilities for courses, Tournaments and Tours. Challenge your friends on a new or existing course in real time or try to beat their best recorded round. Add to this a myriad of stat tracking and personal bests of friends and rivals to beat, notifications, challenges and social media integration and you truly have a golf club worth joining.

Intuitive Control System

We’ve created and fine tuned a swing mechanic that is more about feeling and fluidity above the users’ accuracy of hitting a marker on a power bar. Whilst anyone will be able to pick the controller up and play comfortably, the best players on the global leaderboards will be those with the best feel for the different golf shots and who are able to take into account ball lie, weather and terrain conditions.

Instantaneous Gameplay

No loading times between holes means you are straight back on the Tee after sinking your putt on the previous green. Also, minimal loading times into a new course make for a refreshing change to your typical console game.

Unlimited Courses

No more getting bored of the courses given to you by the developer. With four clicks you can generate a unique course never seen before that’s ready to play.

Generate Courses

With four clicks of a button from the main menu the game will generate for you a never been played before course. The variation is infinite!

If you don’t like the course that’s been generated, one click and you can generate a new one.

If you want to tailor the courses a little more there are high-level options available to you. Examples of these are the number of holes, par distribution, fairway width, number of bunkers, green size, green slope and rough coverage.

Edit and Create your own Courses

If you have a particular course in mind, want to use your creative skills to create something from scratch or edit something the generator has created for you the game also has an in-depth editor.

The editor gives you the ability of create from scratch or mould anything on the course. You can alter the terrain, move tees, move greens, move holes, delete holes, add holes, bunkers, rivers, ponds, trees, foliage, buildings, animals and other objects.

During editing you can play the ball from any spot to review holes and make changes as you see fit. The minimal loading times make this practical and enjoyable.

Large Selection of Pre-Designed Courses Shipping With The Game

Courses for all skill levels and utilizing the best of HB’s creative talents will ship with the game. They can be played individually but will also make up the tournament itinerary for the pre-designed Tour that also comes with the game.

Online Sharing And Play
  • Play others creations - work your way through the huge database of user created courses, each rated by other users to help make the decision easy to make.
  • Share your courses with the World – when you’re happy with your creations you can publish them for the rest of the world to play.
  • Play against others live or from the past - each round you play on every course is saved Online. Choose from Friends Rounds, Record Rounds or Rivals Rounds (others players close to your ability) to compete against. Their ghost balls and scores will be visible throughout your round giving you the feeling of competition without losing the instantaneous game play. Ghost and live balls can be hidden if so desired either selectively or en masse.
  • Compete in Tours and Tournaments – play against other players throughout the world in user made tours and tournaments.
  • Watch others play the courses you’re on live – through our ball trace system you can see other users from around the world on the course that you are playing live, even if they’re on different holes.
Tours and Tournaments

Create and share Tours and Tournaments made up of your favourite courses to test your friends’ or players worldwide over a number of rounds and courses.

These can be Time Constrained or Indefinite. You can choose a start and end date with just one entry per player or, if your tournament or tour is indefinite, you can allow players to enter as many times as they want to try and get to the top of the leaderboard.

Social Feeds and Messages

You will be kept up to date with the world of The Golf Club through a fully interactive social ticker bar and an in-game message feed

To create a truly competitive world the messages will tell you:
  • Friends achievements and creations
  • Friends currently playing
  • When your records on courses are broken
  • Invites from friends to play
  • Major achievements from all players within The Golf Club
With one press of a button you can interact with these messages. Immediately join your friends on a round or regain your record by jumping to the course and / or hole where the record was broken. All rounds are constantly saved so you can return to your previous game whenever you want to and play from where you left it.

Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 09:25 AM   #2
All Star

poster's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: HB Studios golf game

I see that you can create tours, is this like creating a career mode that spans a number of seasons?

EDIT: Watching the course creation video, looks really nice.

ODogg, you can select an autumn type of course when creating from scratch.

Last edited by poster; 01-22-2014 at 09:27 AM.
Old 01-22-2014, 10:52 AM   #3
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

If the arcadely looking crap could be turned off and you can play the game by "feel", I'm in. Too many sports games relying on meters and lines and indicators.
Old 01-22-2014, 11:41 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Interesting analogy... I was looking as screen shots on the Golf Club's official forum, after watching the gameplay video several times, and I was thinking that this game looks a lot like where I think Links 2004 (original XBox) would be if it had been continued and was now moving into the next-generation.
I had that exact same thought, actually. I was gonna post something to that effect, then I got excited after watching the video and forgot all about it...but it does look like a spiritual successor to Links 2004 from the original 'Box. Which was a great game by the way.
Old 01-22-2014, 12:17 PM   #5
Banned

daflyboys's Arena

OVR: 27

Ya..... I meant whatever the Orig Xbox version was.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 01:06 PM   #6
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Hey guys - I have an interview with the lead developer next week of this game, and I will be starting a thread for you to list your question(s) you would like me to try and have answered. Look for the thread later today -
Old 01-22-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by poster
I see that you can create tours, is this like creating a career mode that spans a number of seasons?

EDIT: Watching the course creation video, looks really nice.

ODogg, you can select an autumn type of course when creating from scratch.
That's awesome , well unless it's a buggy mess I'm buying! Like someone said, looks like Links 2014 and that is a great thing IMHO

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven
Old 01-22-2014, 01:39 PM   #8
Hall Of Fame

ODogg's Arena

OVR: 51

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
Hey guys - I have an interview with the lead developer next week of this game, and I will be starting a thread for you to list your question(s) you would like me to try and have answered. Look for the thread later today -
I am wondering if it will allow for the old style 3 button click method or it will be like Tiger Woods where you have to use the analog stick, or can you use either style?

"It's a hell of a thing, killing a man. Take away all he's got and all he's ever gonna have."

-William Munny- Unforgiven

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »