Home

The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Features

This is a discussion on The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Features within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-22-2014, 06:01 PM   #17
Donny Baseball!

Skyboxer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Feat

Quote:
Originally Posted by DivotMaker
Can we leave EA out of the discussion? Irrelevant and not likely to happen anyway.....
Yep. The more games the better.
Choices people

Skyboxer OS TWITCH
STEAM
PSN: Skyboxeros
SWITCH 8211-0709-4612
XBOX Skyboxer OS
Old 01-22-2014, 06:02 PM   #18
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: The Golf Club Arrives This Spring (Xbox One, PS4, PC)- Videos, Screenshots & Feat

Looks really good and I'm glad there will be a golf game this year! I hope the trees aren't made of bricks like in that "other" golf game, it would be great if your ball would react realistically instead of dropping straight down.

I am concerned about one thing, the lack of information about any real courses being included out of the box. There website mentions Pinehurst River Course so I guess that 1 but, I hope there are some more. Course generator is all great and it will be interesting to see what users create but, they don't have the resource to go out and take measurements and things like a dev would. I love playing real course that I know I'll never get to play in my life and TW has always satisfied that, especially with Augusta's addition in recent years. No, I don't expect 30 something courses but, I hope there are a handful. I will miss playing Augusta but maybe a really talented user will do it justice.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:10 PM   #19
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rolltide1017
I am concerned about one thing, the lack of information about any real courses being included out of the box.
The Senior Producer answered this one today. No, there won't be any real courses out of the box. I can understand that; this is a start-up franchise for a company that's publishing its first game and they didn't want to take on the added licensing fees that this would entail.

Quote:
There website mentions Pinehurst River Course so I guess that 1
Is that a real course? I didn't read all the literature about it.

I have a hunch that we're going to see some fairly realistic recreations of real courses. We haven't seen the full depth of what their course creator can do on the PC at its highest level. Will the courses be laser scanned accurate? No, but they'll probably suit a lot of folks, me included.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #20
LORDTHUNDERBIRD

Pappy Knuckles's Arena

OVR: 46

This game looks like it's shaping up nicely. I welcome a change of pace from the Tiger series and I really want to check this out. I hope the tour mode is deep and we're provided with a lot of online options.
Old 01-22-2014, 06:58 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 2
I'm willing to give this game a shot. Physics and a good learning curve are going to be the decisions for me. I love the course creator idea. Hopefully, we will be able to share our inventions. It should give us a wide range of real courses to play without giving up licensing fees. I used to suggest that with EA but they didn't see any value in it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-22-2014, 07:06 PM   #22
Just started!

OVR: 0
I can confirm that players can share user-generated courses with friends and other players. They can then be ranked by users.
Old 01-22-2014, 07:36 PM   #23
Rookie

MaxCheeba's Arena

OVR: 4
Couch co op....please have couch co op...I didn't see that as a feature. Sadly in this new next gen age, something that simple has to be listed.

Is that an option ?
Old 01-22-2014, 08:08 PM   #24
MVP

Danimal's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Yep. The more games the better.
Choices people
Having choices doesn't mean they need to be left out of the discussion as long as there inclusion has meaning to the post. Something the first posters message did not have.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »