Home

More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

This is a discussion on More Details Emerge About The Golf Club within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-23-2014, 03:20 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'm not huge golf guy, but this is really a cool idea. Plus, they have great credentials.
Old 01-23-2014, 03:42 PM   #18
Rookie

GamerDad48's Arena

OVR: 0
i like this idea. Sounds fun! Will it come to PS3?
Old 01-23-2014, 03:59 PM   #19
MVP

OVR: 11
Re: More Details Emerge About The Golf Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by GamerDad48
i like this idea. Sounds fun! Will it come to PS3?
According to the Devs no. Just Xbox One, PS4, and PC. PS3 and 360 won't run the game due to not using DX 11...

Xbox One Elite Controller

The Golf Club 2
Old 01-23-2014, 05:29 PM   #20
MVP

RumbleCard's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
would have liked to play a career mode
I agree. It probably won't keep me from buying the game and I like to support companies with this kind of vision but as we've seen typically after a few months the amount of competition dwindles.

With no AI and no career mode it'll be a bit of a choir to stay interested playing round by round.

Hopefully this is a first step with bigger things to come. If they can effectively add AI and a deep career mode this could be huge looking down the road.
Old 01-23-2014, 08:35 PM   #21
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
I am all in for this.

Sounds like just what I want in a golf. I couldn't care less about real golfers.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-23-2014, 11:20 PM   #22
Pro

rolltide1017's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RumbleCard
I agree. It probably won't keep me from buying the game and I like to support companies with this kind of vision but as we've seen typically after a few months the amount of competition dwindles.

With no AI and no career mode it'll be a bit of a choir to stay interested playing round by round.

Hopefully this is a first step with bigger things to come. If they can effectively add AI and a deep career mode this could be huge looking down the road.

I kinda disagree. If they can nail the core gameplay I think players will stick around. The possibilities are endless with and infinite number of course and community created tours. The deep career mode will be taken care of by the community, it may not be officially licensed PGA stuff but, it will be deep. I'm not sure if you played Links back in the day on PC but it had a huge community with extremely challenging and complex tours that you could join. There are people still playing those games to this day. If TGC can capture just a fraction of that experience, it will be better then any previous console golf game.

That may be a lot of ifs but, it has a lot of potential even without a career mode or AI golfers.
Old 01-24-2014, 01:45 AM   #23
Banned

OVR: 24

If they don't make this game very difficult to hit it straight then its kinda pointless. And having no difficulty levels makes me think the swing will be very forgiving and then you got the guys with the Hori controllers and online is ruined. Doesn't matter if you make the courses longer so no one hits -20, that's all relative anyways.

What's the point of joining a tour when you have no chance of winning because guys with Horis are hitting laser straight shots every time. Distance with your clubs was not an issue with the last couple of TW games so having everyone with the same club distances won't really make a more even playing field.

This game looks to be lacking a lot of basic stuff that you expect in a sports game that keeps your interest. Not sure why everyone is so ramped up for this. There's alot more to a good golf game than just a course creator. We all loved Links for the Xbox a decade ago but try playing it now. What was fun and involving10 years ago is kinda dull now because we expect more.

Last edited by Seymour Scagnetti; 01-24-2014 at 01:57 AM.
Old 01-24-2014, 08:37 AM   #24
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10

You raise some valid concerns Seymour; however, there's a factor that we know next to nothing about so far with The Golf Club, and that's this portion of a feature bullet on the official website:

We’ve created and fine tuned a swing mechanic that is more about *feeling and fluidity* above the users’ accuracy of hitting a marker on a power bar.

I have a strong hunch that the feeling and fluidity of the swing interface are going to have a lot of bearing on the shot's distance and accuracy. To narrow it down a bit, I'm thinking there's going to be a rhythm component to their swing interface that has been AWOL in Tiger. It's a critical element of this game's chances for long term success, IMO. I don't think we're going to really know how it will feel or whether it will be the difference maker until we get our hands on it.

Last edited by OnlookerDelay; 01-24-2014 at 08:46 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »