Home

Sports Daily: Kevin Durant is on Fire Edition

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Kevin Durant is on Fire Edition within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 01-28-2014, 04:33 PM   #9
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: Sports Daily: Kevin Durant is on Fire Edition

Kevin Durant is reaching into another plateau of greatness that only a few players have even touched. If he can continue at least 90-95% of the incredible tear he is on once Westbrook returns then the West is likely their's. He also will walk away with the MVP award and we might be in store for one of the greatest Finals clashes ever (Durant vs. LeBron II or Durant vs. George) .

It'll sadden if my Spurs don't reach the summit top ever again, as presently constructed with the Big 3, but losing to the two most dominant, amazing, unique and transcendent young figures in the NBA in 3 straight seasons isn't a bad why to end it. Especially because, unlike the Shaq and Kobe led Lakers teams, I hate very few players on either Oklahoma City (except Fisher, Perkins and Ibaka ) and Miami (Battier) .

Anyway, by season's end we could be debating whether Durant has reached or surpassed LeBron James. Shocking in my mind because I didn't think that would be serious debate for another 2 or 3 years.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member
Old 01-28-2014, 04:51 PM   #10
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
Picking an MVP in a team sport is silly. Fact is that the role players are just as important as the stars.

Durant is a wondrous player, but OKC's gameplan is flawed. You can't just give him the ball 30 feet away and ask him to shoot over double teams. That won't work in the playoffs. I like the foul line isolations better.

And Westbrook still isn't a real point guard. He forces shots and penetrations and can't run complex sets.
Although, what you state about all rotation players (and even some practice players/reserves) having value is true. There is no denying that the best players garner the most responsibility, burden of blame and are why most watch the sport. The Bruce Bowen, Robert Horry, Derrick Fisher, Shane Battier, Mike Miller, John Paxson, Michael Cooper, Sam Cassell and Kenny Smith type will always emerge when a championship caliber team needs them. Yet, day in, day out the Kevin Durant, LeBron James, Kobe Bryant, Tim Duncan, Shaquille O'Neal, Kevin Garnett, Michael Jordan, Larry Bird type will lead you to victories and hopefully - in the case of Durant - championships.

Everything you stated I agree with to some extent, but we've seen great players overcome questionable game planning and even flawed rosters/teammates before. Durant needs to remain at or near this level while Westbrook must be more willing to pick and choice his spots. I'm not completely sold on all their young talents come playoff pressure time and Ibaka still isn't a big enough offensive factor, IMO, but that may not matter if Portland, San Antonio, Los Angeles (Clippers) or Houston don't improve their own flawed rosters by playoff time.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 01-28-2014 at 10:45 PM.
Old 01-28-2014, 04:55 PM   #11
Forever A Legend

24's Arena

OVR: 22

He can't be stopped right now. Each game just builds his confidence even more. Plus the fact that Westbrook isn't out on the court only helps Durant's scoring efforts. Last time I remember a player being this hot was Kobe back in his prime.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 05:40 PM   #12
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Anyway, by season's end we could be debating whether Durant has reached or surpassed LeBron James. Shocking in my mind because I didn't think that would be serious debate for another 2 or 3 years.

Nahh.. There's no way.
Old 01-28-2014, 05:53 PM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

It will be a sad day in the NBA if Scott Brooks wins a chip as a coach.
Old 01-28-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Durant is just ridiculous right now....I think he definitely grabs the MVP this year....he's a good step beyond any other contenders for the time being...

as long as MIA has LeBron James, they have a fighting chance to 3 peat...a series with Indy can go either way....people forget that they match up with Indy as well as they match up with then....
Old 01-28-2014, 06:25 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
Durant is just ridiculous right now....I think he definitely grabs the MVP this year....he's a good step beyond any other contenders for the time being...

as long as MIA has LeBron James, they have a fighting chance to 3 peat...a series with Indy can go either way....people forget that they match up with Indy as well as they match up with then....

Watching Miami and Indy play is just great basketball to me as a fan. Great players on both sides, two teams I really like, just always an awesome series.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 01-28-2014, 08:11 PM   #16
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I'm not a huge KD fan but the man is burning it up. Congrats to him.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »