Home

PES 2015 To Be Totally Changed

This is a discussion on PES 2015 To Be Totally Changed within the eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-01-2014, 04:33 AM   #9
Banned

Profit89's Arena

OVR: 8
Enjoying 2014 immensely. Mods fix a lot of the problems (on PC anyway) like licenses. There are also some great gameplay patches which improve the gameplay (e.g., shooting) on the pitch as well (over at evo-web.co.uk).
Old 02-01-2014, 05:16 AM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
PES running animation looks AWFUL as well.
Old 02-01-2014, 05:45 AM   #11
Flip That Bat!

Entiae's Arena

OVR: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by asu666
I really hope PES comes through with a strong product. I'm loving FIFA 14 on PS4, but I love having another strong title to mix it up.
Yeah, same for me. Having two strong footy titles would be great!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 10:07 AM   #12
Hall Of Fame

LingeringRegime's Arena

OVR: 47
Re: PES 2015 To Be Totally Changed

Can't wait. I love FIFA 14 manual settings online, but I still miss the uniqueness of the matches on PES.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:07 AM   #13
MVP

ps3veron's Arena

OVR: 11
I used to love PES (way back from the ISS days). It used to be brilliant but I don't know how they managed to mess up such an awesome franchise. I think the problem in the first place is the game's lack of identity which is still evident to this day. Look at their annual slogan: change, change change.

How about just sticking back to the old formula, add some presentation/animation and it just may not be too late to save this sinking ship.
Old 02-01-2014, 11:27 AM   #14
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
Wow, really. After all the hype last year. So then what do they even men by "totally change?" Does that mean no more Fox Engine? Sounds like a game and a production team that's just blowing in the wind.
I'm wary of this as well. The Fox Engine was one of the main selling points and it led to some interesting moments on the pitch. I'd say 2014's on-field gameplay was close to next-gen FIFA but was severely limited by its few licenses and the last-gen hardware. PC was, by far, the best platform PES2014 released on.

If 2015 ends up becoming a Madden-type "scrap and rebuild" effort after one disappointing but optimistic year, I'm not sure what to expect from the next PES.
Old 02-01-2014, 01:48 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 3

*sniff*

*sniff*

Smells like EA shill in here...

*sniff*

Yep, definitely EA shill.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-01-2014, 03:30 PM   #16
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

I hope that by "totally changed" they mean the entire game in regards to modes, presentation, online, editing, commentary, menus and licenses and not the gameplay itself;ll those things lacked a lot which made the game have little replay value despite good gameplay overall. Those aspects maybe weren't that important during the PS2 era but nowadays to compete with FIFA you've to bring everything on the table if you want gamers' attention.

I thought the addition of Fox engine and its animation and graphic additions but felt it was half-made and felt it wasn't ready for this generation like it felt restricted to this gen's limitations. Hopefully the European studio will open the main studio's mind and made them realize that there're several stuff that need fixing on the gameplay, an outsider's opinion may be what they need.

One thing that I don't understand is when people say PES like licenses, which ones do they mean? PES can't have the EPL and Bundesliga but then I believe they cover the other main leagues quite well although I wish they added a fake German league with correct names like they do with the Premier League, and add a few licenses national teams or create better resembled NT's uniforms (I don't know why Uruguay's away kit is yellow in the game).

Last edited by Ermolli; 02-01-2014 at 03:35 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > eFootball - Pro Evolution Soccer »