Home

The Golf Club: Interview With Executive Producer Peter Garcin

This is a discussion on The Golf Club: Interview With Executive Producer Peter Garcin within the Golf forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-03-2014, 11:12 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
The Golf Club: Interview With Executive Producer Peter Garcin

Digital golf fans were expecting the 2014 landscape to be rather barren, as EA’s Tiger Woods series had been placed into dormant status until next year. That means that if you were an early adopter and jumped from the PS3 or Xbox 360 to the new consoles, golf was simply not an option on the new consoles, or so we thought.

Enter HB Studios, a somewhat small development company located in Lunenberg, Nova Scotia, a group that up until now had been know more for their behind the scenes development on numerous less visible Electronic Arts titles.

In early 2013, the good folks at HB Studios decided to start developing a full blown golf simulation, The Golf Club, and now they are ready to share it with the world. We had the chance to sit down with the Peter Garcin, the executive producer for HB Studios, and talk about the games development, where they are currently at with it, and where they want to take it.

Read More - The Golf Club: Interview With Executive Producer Peter Garcin
Platform: PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 11:32 AM   #2
24 Forever

mike24forever's Arena

OVR: 29
I am looking forward to this game. I have a feeling it will get it for both the Xbox One and PS4, so I can play with birth groups of friends. I love what I'm hearing from this game.
Old 02-03-2014, 02:32 PM   #3
Rookie

mcmax3000's Arena

OVR: 2
"If you are interested in joining the beta for PC, head over to the official The Golf Club website and respond with the proper information that they require."

It's worth noting, they've closed beta sign ups, because they got more than enough response.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:33 PM   #4
MVP

OnlookerDelay's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: The Golf Club: Interview With Executive Producer Peter Garcin

Just curious how PC golf gamers read this from the interview:

We moved away from the meter-based control scheme that seems to dominate recent games. The game we created doesn’t have a power meter, but focuses on feel and recreating the performance of the swing. There is a lot of subtlety and depth in the controls for those who are hardcore and want to really get into the precision of the swing.

In their official forum, they still haven't ruled out 3-click mouse control, but based on the above, I'm thinking that if 3-click happens, the gamer will have to use the golfer animation to gauge the clicks instead of a swing/power meter.
Old 02-03-2014, 03:52 PM   #5
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by OnlookerDelay
Just curious how PC golf gamers read this from the interview:

We moved away from the meter-based control scheme that seems to dominate recent games. The game we created doesn’t have a power meter, but focuses on feel and recreating the performance of the swing. There is a lot of subtlety and depth in the controls for those who are hardcore and want to really get into the precision of the swing.

In their official forum, they still haven't ruled out 3-click mouse control, but based on the above, I'm thinking that if 3-click happens, the gamer will have to use the golfer animation to gauge the clicks instead of a swing/power meter.
A lot of the stuff we talked about I would categorize as fluid. They have a lot of ideas and are very open to giving the community what they want - it just may take some time to implement it.

Last edited by bluengold34_OS; 02-03-2014 at 04:17 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #6
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2
i want it on PS4 naowww!
Im gunna feel like the next Dye/Nicklaus/Mackenzie etc...
Old 02-03-2014, 06:32 PM   #7
Pro

bowld's Arena

OVR: 9
Can we play online tournaments? If so, how many users can enter? And can we choose the # of holes to play for each tourny?
Old 02-03-2014, 06:35 PM   #8
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowld
Can we play online tournaments? If so, how many users can enter? And can we choose the # of holes to play for each tourny?
I believe the number that can enter is limitless - and I also believe(maybe) you can chose, but will need to confirm that .

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Golf »