Home

Madden NFL 25 Title Update #3 Details, Available Now For PS4 and Xbox One

This is a discussion on Madden NFL 25 Title Update #3 Details, Available Now For PS4 and Xbox One within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-06-2014, 02:08 PM   #17
Banned

OVR: 28
Re: Madden NFL 25 Patch Released (PS4, Xbox One)

Quote:
Originally Posted by EASPORTS_AJ
Are you talking about Next-Gen or Current Gen?

This is only to address the balls that the receiver catches and drops. Calvin Johnson doesn't drop everything just because he has a CB on him. Not sure what you're referring to.
What was wrong with the way it was? I don't understand these knee jerk reactions to make these changes. Either fix it right and add the proper animations and interactions, or just leave it alone. As it is, receivers who can't catch worth a damn hold onto the ball when they probably shouldn't. Now all you are going to do is make it so that elite receivers can be thrown to no matter the coverage because they will always hang onto it. SMH.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #18
Faceuary!

N51_rob's Arena

OVR: 54

Quote:
Are you talking about Next-Gen or Current Gen?

This is only to address the balls that the receiver catches and drops. Calvin Johnson doesn't drop everything just because he has a CB on him. Not sure what you're referring to.
How was it determined that this was a problem? I mean I played in a 32 user online CFM where Calvin Johnson has 125 catches to I think 15 drops yes that number is high, but I don't see it as a problem, because QBs are too accurate as is and not enough passes hit the ground.

Yet is this same CFM Michael Smith ran for 400+ yards on 37 carries (in one game) when his coach figured out that he could out run the defense to the outside and run past everyone. It seems to me that the game is always balanced to favor the offense.

Screen passes are problematic, any thing going to be done to tune that? They are essentially insta-offense.

It is just unsettling that the only gameplay tuning happens to favor the offense, when its the defense that needs more help IMO. Thanks for the time, and any and all improvements are welcome because I understand you guys are probably working on Madden 15 morso that diverting a lot of assets to this game which is understandable.

Twitch

Finally Access to Coaches Tape! Coaches Film Analysis

2 Minute Warning PS4 Madden 18 Franchise
Washington Redskins (0-0) Last Game: N/A
Year 1:

Last edited by N51_rob; 02-06-2014 at 02:20 PM.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #19
EA Sports Community Manager

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by GiantBlue76
Once again, proving that this game will never be a realistic game. Everything has to cater to the cry baby who can't learn football and wants success on every play. Put in the effort to make different degrees of difficulty in the game like simulation and casual modes. Stop babying people and force them to learn the game of football.

Business as usual at Tiburon.
This is not constructive criticism at all. Are you saying passing is too easy on Next Gen Madden? Can you give me some concrete examples with specific plays?

This type of post doesn't help anyone.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #20
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
This is not constructive criticism at all. Are you saying passing is too easy on Next Gen Madden? Can you give me some concrete examples with specific plays?

I will if you guys will listen...

CBs do not look for the ball. Too many times they have good coverage but are lookinng wrong way and have no awareness to where the ball is. That's not right for CBs with good awareness and etc.

If a MLB nails a little WR on a slant. He should drop it.

Their needs to be secondary awareness. It needs adjusted, that would fix most issues. If they played the ball and put a hand out to swat it or keep WR from making the catch. They should get in position to make a swatted ball rather than mirror the WR route and just be in the way
Old 02-06-2014, 02:22 PM   #21
Pro

OVR: 7

Quote:

I think passing can be too easy on Next Gen Madden. Especially the underneath routes. Just doesn't seem like the AI (on both user controlled and computer controlled teams) plays tight enough coverage. It seems like everything 10 yards downfield or further plays great.

By the way, is the issue where you can't load custom rosters into connected franchises ever be fixed?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-06-2014, 02:23 PM   #22

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by N51_rob
How was it determined that this was a problem? I mean I played in a 32 user online CFM where Calvin Johnson has 125 catches to I think 15 drops yes that number is high, but I don't see it as a problem, because QBs are too accurate as is and not enough passes hit the ground.

Yet is this same CFM Michael Smith ran for 400+ yards on 37 carries when his coach figured out that he could out run the defense to the outside and run past everyone. It seems to me that the game is always balanced to favor the offense.

Screen passes are problematic, any thing going to be done to tune that? They are essentially insta-offense.

It is just unsettling that the only gameplay tuning happens to favor the offense, when its the defense that needs more help IMO. Thanks for the time, and any and all improvements are welcome because I understand you guys are probably working on Madden 15 morso that diverting a lot of assets to this game which is understandable.
The "ONLY gameplay tuning" happens to favor the offense? This is simply not true. We tuned the precision stiff-arm, which was over-effective, as well as the juke moves on KRs. With all due respect, hyperbole doesn't help anybody.

As for the rest of the stuff - Have you tried adjusting the sliders? I have seen a LOT of INTs, personally in multiple CFMs, so I don't see this as being a global issue.
Old 02-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #23

EASPORTS_AJ's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBleedingRed21
If I see Ted Ginn going across the middle, big hit and hangs on to it...

Offense is easy enough. That's what he means. We sim players like dropped balls when people force throws since there is no damn swat animation. It's usually INT or dropped pass
What do you mean there is no swat animation. You can swat balls by pressing L1/LB. Are you talking about something else?
Old 02-06-2014, 02:27 PM   #24
Game Dev

TheBleedingRed21's Arena

OVR: 21

Quote:
What do you mean there is no swat animation. You can swat balls by pressing L1/LB. Are you talking about something else?
THIS. If I DO IT. we play non switches leagues around here. The CPU does not swat 90% of the time.

The CPU should play defense and swat balls. Not rely on user to switch and swat.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »