Home

Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 12:09 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

Do you even dunk, bro? King James does.

Lebron put on an incredible post-practice display with his annual "dunk contest" (see above), reminding fans just how exciting the upcoming All-Star week extravaganza could be. The NBA's Sprite slam dunk contest hasn't fallen away completely in popularity, but some major brand-name talent has been missing in recent years. Thankfully, stars like John Wall, Damian Lillard, and Paul George have joined this year's field of contestants for the February 15 showdown.

But what if LeBron joined the actual competition? Why not have the NBA's most emotion-stirring player get involved with the contest that highlights the game's most powerful play.

Sound Off: Does LeBron James have the skill and creativity to win a slam dunk contest?

Sports Headlines for February 11, 2014
Platform: Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 12:19 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 27
Re: Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

I honestly don't get why he doesn't get in the dunk contest. His star power alone would give him the benefit of the doubt on his dunks. Kind of like how Jordan "beat" Dominique in '88. lol
Old 02-11-2014, 12:42 PM   #3
JB4MVP

JODYE's Arena

OVR: 8

More of LeBron trying to get attention.

He did this last year around this time in Pre-Game warmups. He knows what he is doing.

Old 02-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #4
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Injury's man....they've robbed us of actual story lines this year

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 02-11-2014 at 01:35 PM.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:29 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

To echo what I stated in the off-court forum, I'm baffled as to why this short practice video is receiving all this attention (was the number four top story on ESPN.com yesterday). The dunks showcased almost all boiled down to being relatively standard tomahawk flushes. The flashiest he got was putting down a double pump reverse dunk which again, isn't exactly ground breaking. James has spent countless layup lines doing way more impressive dunks without those clips going viral like the one in the original post. What's the deal?

All that said, I think LeBron James could win a dunk contest. I believe I would have been more interested to see him compete as a 23 or 24 year old though. If he pushed himself to attempt a free throw line dunk with a twist (fully behind the line and with more flare than Ibaka, or double pumped) I would have appreciated his appearance. But if he were to have entered only to complete the types of dunks seen in the Phoenix practice video, I probably would have been a little resentful of his victory, since it'd seem to have been more about the passes and his name than the creativity of the dunks themselves.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 01:38 PM   #6
Rookie

OVR: 4
Location: Richmond, VA, but I am from Spain...you know, that country that McCain thinks is in SouthAmerica lol
He needs the attention, that is all. I honestly don't think thoses dunks are that amazing. Most of them are the same type of dunk.It is just power, there is not elasticity, imagination, variety...
Now that everybody is posting the video (what a coincidence, a few days before the slum-dunk contest), can we please talk about dunkers with a little more imagination? Thank you.
Old 02-11-2014, 01:44 PM   #7
MVP

OVR: 0

Nice dunks but we've seen these from him a million times and they wouldn't win a dunk contest. Also as long as it's judged by fan voting, nobody should want to do it as a matter of fact.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:09 PM   #8
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Why people make this such a big deal?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »