Home

Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-11-2014, 02:12 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 12
LeBron doesn't skip the dunk contest because he's afraid of getting hurt... he skips it because he's afraid of getting beat by some relative nobody.
Old 02-11-2014, 02:18 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

SteelersFreak's Arena

OVR: 19
Re: Sports Daily: LeBron Dunks, But Not For the Fans

These dunks are only impressive because of the passes to himself, passes which he wouldn't be able to do in the dunk contest because the dunk contest isn't held in a practice gym.
NHL: Dallas Stars
NCAA: Alabama Crimson Tide

University of North Texas '14
GO MEAN GREEN!
Old 02-11-2014, 02:21 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 5
not in the dunk contest = who cares. all of the GREAT ones did it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 03:10 PM   #12
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
I am probably in the minority here but I honestly believe that lebron hasn't entered a dunk contest because he is afraid of losing. He is a great dunker, especially in games, but I don't know if he is capable of doing something spectacular in the dunk contest. He does dunks with ease and force but you need creativity and finesse in a dunk contest to win. Whenever I see his warm up dunks I think "thats good but nothing that hasn't been done already". Recent winners like blake griffin, nate robinson, derozen, dwight howard, gerald green all put on a show and performed or attempted some dunks that we either never saw before, never saw in the nba before, or simply weren't expecting.

I don't see lebron being able to live up to the expectations and I think wade had a comment that alluded to this. If lebron entered the dunk contest and performed dunks like these we would be like "ohh...that's it?" He would need to pull some kind of vince carter type of display that blows our minds and anything short of that wouldn't be enough.
Old 02-11-2014, 03:58 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 25

I've never liked the Dunk Contests or Three-Point Shootouts. The All Star Game hasn't been real competitive since 69. The whole weekend needs to be scrapped.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:01 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

ggsimmonds's Arena

OVR: 7
To echo the thoughts of a few others, LeBron does not enter dunk contests because of insecurity.

LeBron would not fare as well as some would expect because he is a power dunker. That is great in games, but in a dunk contest flare and finesse usually win out. Look at the video, awesome power tomahawks but not particularly creative or flashy.
Old 02-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #15
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

Not sure I follow the whole he's afraid of losing theme that some are saying.

Like others have stated, he knows what he's doing and we go thru this every year. Non story/issue to me.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-11-2014, 04:59 PM   #16
Banned

OVR: 0
I see why he does not enter the dunk contest, as athletic and as high as he can jump he's not dunk contest material. The dunks he does can be done in a regular game, nothing dunk contest spectacular about his dunks, he just does not have the agility or creativity in the air for the dunk contest.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »