Home

Sports Daily: LeBron's Declaration

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: LeBron's Declaration within the Pro Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #9
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44
Re: Sports Daily: LeBron's Declaration

Quote:
Originally Posted by RipCityAndy
I'm not going to say where he ranks, but I don't think it's top 5. I even question if it's top 10. I'm sure Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell, Dr. J, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Scottie Pippen, and Wilt Chamberlain may have something to say in response, “King James.”
I'd take LeBron over Malone, Kobe and Scottie Pippen (!?) without hesitation. As much as a love Duncan it's becoming pretty clear that LeBron is going to surpass him. No mention of Bird btw?

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-12-2014, 01:14 PM   #10
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The 3rd part of LeBrons career should be very interesting....I'm intrigued to see what "old manl" LeBron is like...
Old 02-12-2014, 01:16 PM   #11
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
I'm not going to say where he ranks, but I don't think it's top 5. I even question if it's top 10. I'm sure Kareem Abdul-Jabbar, Oscar Robertson, Karl Malone, Tim Duncan, Bill Russell, Dr. J, Kobe Bryant, Shaq, Scottie Pippen, and Wilt Chamberlain may have something to say in response, “King James.”

Declaring himself "top 4" is arrogant and disrespectful to the players that came before him. Is it even appropriate to make this statement considering he isn't even a unanimous MVP this year?

But then again... I don't think anyone ever accused him of being humble.
He didn't declare himself top 4 right now, he said he expects himself to be up there by the end of his career.

Also like the 24th letter said, if you watch the video it sounds a lot less arrogant than it comes off.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 01:20 PM   #12
MVP

OVR: 25

Quote:
Originally Posted by ehh
No mention of Bird btw?
The key to Bird's game was his anticipation. No player in history could see the game like he did. A lot of people think he was one of the all time pure shooters, which isn't true. Bird and LeBron is a toss-up.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:23 PM   #13
ehh
Hall Of Fame

ehh's Arena

OVR: 44

His sixth sense was absurd. So smart and could see things happening before they happened - without unnecessary gambling. No one else had that uncanny combination.

"Beware of geeks bearing formulas." - Warren Buffet
Old 02-12-2014, 01:26 PM   #14
Banned

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexBrady
The key to Bird's game was his anticipation. No player in history could see the game like he did. A lot of people think he was one of the all time pure shooters, which isn't true. Bird and LeBron is a toss-up.
Boy, you sure do love your old-time guys. I respect that.

If you're talking era-for-era, then yes, Bird and LeBron is a toss-up. If you're talking against each other, it's no contest. LeBron is just simply better.

I'll give shooting and overall basketball IQ to Larry and the rest LeBron owns him.
Old 02-12-2014, 01:56 PM   #15
Hall Of Fame

ojandpizza's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:

Declaring himself "top 4" is arrogant and disrespectful to the players that came before him. Is it even appropriate to make this statement considering he isn't even a unanimous MVP this year?

But then again... I don't think anyone ever accused him of being humble.

You listed off some great guys but completely lost credibility by mentioning Pippen, Malone, and Dr. J... Those 3 don't even compare with guys at the very top and probably wouldn't even crack most people's top 10 to 15 of all time.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-12-2014, 02:13 PM   #16
All Star

BleacherBum2310's Arena

OVR: 24

I hate comparing players especially when they played in different eras. You Simply don't know who would be one on one.

Bird has to be up there. I liked Lebron's list tho i guess.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > Pro Basketball »