Home

MLB 14 The Show: Wrapping Up Yesterday

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Wrapping Up Yesterday within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-15-2014, 01:34 AM   #17
MVP

Stroehms's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Wrapping Up Yesterday

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
I have never understood what is so fun about creating a team (Dimaond Dynasty).. We get the game to play with MLB teams. Why do we want to make up teams and have fake
Players on them or stack up the team with superstars. I've never found that fun. Then again, I'm a pretty standard person.

I like to take my Fantasy baseball league, replicate the teams and my friends and I play mini tournaments.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-15-2014, 12:19 PM   #18
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
As it shouldn't, more so for their sake. Those kinds of modes serve as a purpose or else most sports games wouldn't have them. However other sports tittles also have create a team for franchise/season, and they don't seem to mind. Then again maybe SCEA believes theyre ahead of the curve and who can blame them really. Just sucks when Money conquers all (fun in this case)
DD is a cash cow, but once again MUT and MyTeam people spend way way more money. I know people on MUT that spend 200+ dollars yearly on packs.

I know very few people that play DD religiously that have spent over 10 bucks on DD.

I give props to SCEA as they made DD more skill based than a "pay to win" mentality. Go play MUT off the bat and you face guys who've spent 100+ dollars with 99 overall teams. DD has a nice balance to it.

Sorry to interfere, I just feel like DD is being stereotyped once again when I know a lot of people really haven't even gave it a chance.

I'd be curious to see the transaction receipts as I bet RTTS training points would possibly sell more than DD budget.

Quote:
Originally Posted by metsfan4life1
I have never understood what is so fun about creating a team (Dimaond Dynasty).. We get the game to play with MLB teams. Why do we want to make up teams and have fake
Players on them or stack up the team with superstars. I've never found that fun. Then again, I'm a pretty standard person.
Because of its variety and customization for me. Plus add in the management, online head to head, etc. and it does a little bit of everything for me.

I enjoy franchise, online leagues, and online rated as well. DD kind of offers all of those aspects into one singular mode. It is addicting and fun.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people only strictly play COTW, Franchise, or RTTS and I could not pertain myself to play only one mode.

"Speaking of Diamond Dynasty, this has always seemed like a mode I should enjoy, but never end up playing. I think that the combination of a clunky uniform editor, no name players, and the integration of subpar online play has made this mode too much of a hassle to enjoy. I'll be curious to see if the addition of Extra Innings--the ability to download and play user teams offline--will increase my enjoyment."

Geez this seems like a very uninformed statement.

Clunky editor uniform, fake players, and subpar online intergration play? What?? Sounds like someone barely touched DD. They probably created a team and didn't take the time to create a good logo or uniforms, played one online game and judged the entire mode based off one game.

Last edited by cardinalbird5; 02-15-2014 at 12:31 PM.
Old 02-15-2014, 03:00 PM   #19
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I wonder do they finally have name brand equipment like shoes, bats, and gloves in The Show this year? All sports games besides baseball have name brand equipment in the game. What are they waiting on?
Old 02-15-2014, 07:51 PM   #20
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by KennyJ1976
I wonder do they finally have name brand equipment like shoes, bats, and gloves in The Show this year? All sports games besides baseball have name brand equipment in the game. What are they waiting on?
I'm honestly never expecting to see this in the Show, and i've come to terms with that, and if one year they are in game then i'd be more than happy.

Some people think it's because of the money, i think it's for some other reason we aren't told. Maybe we'll keep seeing small thing like the nike under shirt but as far full blown brand name equipment, i doubt we see that for awhile if ever.

Old 02-15-2014, 11:00 PM   #21
MVP

JHedges2's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntiBandwagoner
Exact same situation for me. Always have felt like I've been missing out on the greatness that is MLB The Show.

News has me excited.
Likewise. My wife surprised me tonight with a PS4 for my birthday--and her sister pre-ordered The Show. Can't wait for May!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-15-2014, 11:15 PM   #22
Underrated

PadresFan's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMan350Z
Likewise. My wife surprised me tonight with a PS4 for my birthday--and her sister pre-ordered The Show. Can't wait for May!
Congrats man and happy b-day... Sounds like you married into an amazing family.

Sent from my SCH-I510 using Tapatalk 2
Old 02-16-2014, 01:06 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 0
Any news on their offline franchise mode? Did they add anything new to it?
Old 02-16-2014, 01:26 PM   #24
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jcioffi21
Any news on their offline franchise mode? Did they add anything new to it?
You'll find out Monday.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »