Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2014, 12:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

As fans of basketball gaming, we have to stop looking at nostalgia and start looking at overall body of work. They have not lived up to their promises or hype with this game. Can they really evolve this game in its current state into a next gen game this October? They have to explain what the Ignite engine can really do in it's entirety because it is looking like a huge bust right now for most of their sport games.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:45 PM   #10
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12
I bought Live used on XOne and month ago. Sold it on EBay last week. Wasn't worth keeping.
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #11
SOLDIER, First Class...

JazzMan's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by teebee
Kendall Marshall shouldn't have a high 3pt rating regardless of 3pt %; he can't shoot!
wGgCBD5.gif

Green Bay Packers
Utah Jazz
Nebraska Cornhuskers

Dibs: AJ Lee
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 12:48 PM   #12
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by GisherJohn24
EA gave up. They're working on 15.
Tbh this is the best case scenerio. Live 14 should be getting roster updates, it shouldnt be difficult to update some attributes, but at this point there's not much more that can be done with this game and it would be pointless for EA to spend anymore time with it. While the game didn't even reach low expectations EA should take the fact that they were able to release a game this year as a slight victory. At this point all attention should be towards live 15.

They can't correct the past but they are in full control of their future. Imo live 15 is going to be a make or break year for the series. The game doesn't need to best 2k but it needs to be a viable option. Live 14 's minute success and fandom was a result of the die hard livefans and those who have been looking for a basketball game that wasnt 2k. With live 15 EA is completely out of excuses. They need to come out with a game that is scored no lower than 7-7.5. It doesn't need to be the greatest basketball game ever but simply being a functional basketball game (which live 14 borders on) is not enough. Live 15 needs to reach Live 10 type functionality. By that i mean a game that plays well, offers something different than the competition, and is fun to play. Again it does not need to be better than 2k but it needs to offer enough quality that gives us basketball fans a reason to consider buying the game (either instead of 2k or as another option to 2k)
Old 02-24-2014, 12:53 PM   #13
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Honestly, all EA had to do was provide competent support, and they wouldn’t be losing the support and trust of the community once again…

-ATTEMPT to fix bugs, I realize some bugs simply can’t be fixed, but at least provide effort…
-TRY to somewhat stay in line with their roster promises, as we cannot edit ourselves….even if they accurately updated once a week I don’t think the community would be as upset

I would’ve been fine with these two points. I would still have Live and be playing it….as there are some things I do like about it…..but I now have a horrible taste in my mouth..
Old 02-24-2014, 12:56 PM   #14
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by shutdown10
As fans of basketball gaming, we have to stop looking at nostalgia and start looking at overall body of work. They have not lived up to their promises or hype with this game. Can they really evolve this game in its current state into a next gen game this October? They have to explain what the Ignite engine can really do in it's entirety because it is looking like a huge bust right now for most of their sport games.
I'm sincerely hoping that this year the "ignite engine" shows its capabilities. Last year the "new engine" seemed to be more of an update or extention of the old engine oppose to something brand new. The engine was promised to improve animations and control, and while it did to extent, it was far from anything revolutionary. This year ea needs to prove that this engine is the future for their sports titles and that it brings their gamss to the next level. The ufc game might give us a good idea what to expect out of the engine later in the year.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #15
MVP

GisherJohn24's Arena

OVR: 4

I would rather they use their resources now to make 15 anyway. 14 is in shambles, move on and focus for next year and give us the game you promised
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 01:05 PM   #16
MVP

Ermolli's Arena

OVR: 29

So much for Synergy. I remember that I read somewhere that player ratings were going to be defined mostly by stats and as shown by the article, much like the "hourly updates", it wasn't true which is a shame because I found both features interesting. I still don't understand how difficult is for them to update roster moves, people in the community have done/are doing that so it isn't like it's a really demanding task. They must be all in for Live 15 which I hope it makes a huge payoff although I don't have much faith on it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »