Home

NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

This is a discussion on NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-24-2014, 01:13 PM   #17
WTF
MVP

WTF's Arena

OVR: 50
you all are putting good use of my Bongo the Buck and "Giannis" picture.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:39 PM   #18
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I wish people would stop saying forget about Live 14 and move on to Live 15 because as consumers, we were promised something and we are not getting it. It's bad enough that we went out and bought Live 14 this year, considering it's not a next gen game, and paid full price for it. The least they can do in return is keep the game updated on a regular basis. Whoever made the decision to take the roster editor out of the game should be FIRED on the spot because their plan is not working. I even saw in a recent interview where the executive producer was still bragging about synergy, he should be fired too. We give Live a chance and this is the thanks we get, all you guys at EA can GTFOH as far as I'm concerned.
Old 02-24-2014, 01:59 PM   #19
MVP

Pokes404's Arena

OVR: 10
EA is really blowing an opportunity here. Not only has 2K's next-gen release been successful, but not the homerun many were expecting, but 2K has been known for not being the strongest in the online/roster update department. EA had a chance to really hit them in an area where 2K has lagged behind.

It's unfortunate, because even though I'm a 2K fan now (and have a hard time seeing myself going back to Live), I'd like there to be competition and for gamers to have a choice. It's just better for everyone involved. They had a good opportunity this year, but I'm afraid they may have blown it. Next year is going to be do-or-die for them. People can only be disappointed and still hold onto hope for so long.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:13 PM   #20
Hall Of Fame

Flightwhite24's Arena

OVR: 34
Re: NBA Live 14 Is Barely Updating Its Players

I've come to the conclusion EA "Hoodwinked" me again.

I really tried to be onboard with them even after being "Hoodwinked" with NCAA Basketball 10.

I be damned if they get my $$ again without plenty of OS reviews before making a decision.

Consider this EA. You've lost a 17 plus year customer here. I was around when I would go over to your San Mateo office and pick up games at the receptionist desk. Oh how I miss the old EA

Sent from my iPhone
Old 02-24-2014, 02:15 PM   #21
Banned

OVR: 2
Barely updating players? Lol. Does this surprise anyone? The game is a disaster.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-24-2014, 02:36 PM   #22
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by FLIGHTWHITE
I've come to the conclusion EA "Hoodwinked" me again.

I really tried to be onboard with them even after being "Hoodwinked" with NCAA Basketball 10.

I be damned if they get my $$ again without plenty of OS reviews before making a decision.

Consider this EA. You've lost a 17 plus year customer here. I was around when I would go over to your San Mateo office and pick up games at the receptionist desk. Oh how I miss the old EA

Sent from my iPhone
Honestly though man. They didn't hoodwink you. You were around last year with the crap that went on with Live 13. Myself, 23, noshun and a few others said exactly what you were getting this year. You were getting a beta test. They were going to sweet talk everybody with their comeback talk and charge you full price for a beta test. They were trying to get people to pay for a beta test last year too.

If you went out and spent money on this game in the stores, then you merely gave them license to continue doing what they do. Honestly, I think next year will be a much better experience, but you could see this year coming from well over a mile away.
Old 02-24-2014, 02:53 PM   #23
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
you all are putting good use of my Bongo the Buck and "Giannis" picture.
At least Giannis has the correct skin tone:

Old 02-24-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Im still seeing the "next year" mantra going on in this thread. It's a de ja vu slogan for this series, long running since Live 07. Bolded sig says a lot, gluttons for punishment..
Attached Images
File Type: jpg please-sir.jpg (22.4 KB, 124 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 02-24-2014 at 03:23 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »