Home

MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not

This is a discussion on MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #9
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not

I'm a lefty so I like that they added lefty IF's. I also like the player lock and hope they intigrate it into couch co-op.
Old 02-26-2014, 11:51 AM   #10
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

Left hand Infielders?????????? I don't understand why SCEA went out of their way to make that happen, sounds to me like a lot of work would had to be involved in order to have lefty infielders for no reason other than to please left handed people. Kind of thought that The Show was suppose to be a baseball "sim" not a baseball "fantasy"
Old 02-26-2014, 11:52 AM   #11
Rookie

v2micca's Arena

Yeah, not really feeling the left handed infielder option in RTTS. And this is coming from a lefty. Plus, it makes we wonder how they are going to handle the animations. Just mirroring them would create some laughably bad transitions. And I would much rather they spent time and resources on creating more accurate batting stances and swing animations than creating left-handed infielder animations.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 11:53 AM   #12
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

So far the new catcher animations have me the most excited, its been one of the most stale aspects of the game for me. Since I only use broadcast when fielding it really has stood out. Not a great look at any new animations in the first trailer, but I'm really hoping that catchers will actually set up on the corners, stand up for high fastballs and frame close pitches.

Like the the OP said stuff like left handed infielders makes my head hurt when there is talk every year about how limited resources are. Even if it wasn't much work, there had to be something more relevant to more The Show players to spend that time on.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:24 PM   #13
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

Only place where the Lefty infielders will help is when changing positions for someone. If I ever move an lefty OF to 1B or 1B to OF as soon as you'd flip past another IF position the guy would be right handed.

I'm happy with the new stuff but a few things that I REALLY want to see soon.

-Branded equipment... Sick of the generic stuff as well as no options for glove styles or catcher's gear. It makes every catcher look out of shape and the gear is a bit dated. Plus, this would add a layer to RTTS
-Complete changes to the announcing, these little year to year updates aren't doing it. The announcing is stale and bad
-Editing coaches, small gripe but I hate when I hire a new coach somewhere and they have either a retired number or the same one as one of my player, or both base coaches are the same number.
-Dynamic Minor league ranking system. I'd love to see guys jump up to the top spot in my organization, or know if I'm trading for the top pitcher from another organization. Also they could use a bit more of the spikes in ratings. I've noticed an older player can become AWFUL over the course of a season, but the younger guys develop MUCH slower.
-Better Uniform selections, as a Braves fan I hate that their off-white alternates STILL hadn't made the game as of last year. Thinking it may be a PS3 limitation but teams can't all fit into the two home and two away with two alternates format. Would love to see some AAA and AA alternates as well.
-Minor league and spring training stadiums... in RTTS and in franchise if I play minor league games the stadiums are a bit underwhelming and generic
-All-Star uniforms. Using one generic BP jersey is lame. Put the guys in the uni's of their actual teams for the mid-summer classic. It also helps as you go on in a franchise to see what teams guys came from.
-Patches... Every other sports game has patches for post-season games, would add a nice element to the playoffs and world series.

...that's what I can think of off of the top of my head, that said The Show still plays MUCH better than any other sports game on the market.
Old 02-26-2014, 12:27 PM   #14
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

one other thing.... fix the stirrups, they haven't looked like that since the early 90's....
Old 02-26-2014, 12:31 PM   #15
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
how is online features a low point??? This has been the most overlooked area of the game since its inception and the last sports franchise to incorporate and online franchise. This is PS4 and PSN has been leaps and bounds improved on the PS4 compared to the PS3. PS Plus needed for online play, so it better be up to standards
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 12:42 PM   #16
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
how is online features a low point??? This has been the most overlooked area of the game since its inception and the last sports franchise to incorporate and online franchise. This is PS4 and PSN has been leaps and bounds improved on the PS4 compared to the PS3. PS Plus needed for online play, so it better be up to standards
He is referring to actual gameplay online. He is not putting down the additions.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »