Home

MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not

This is a discussion on MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-26-2014, 01:00 PM   #17
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
He is referring to actual gameplay online. He is not putting down the additions.
gameplay online is a lowpoint how does he know has he played it?
Old 02-26-2014, 01:06 PM   #18
Just started!

OVR: 0

Hi does anyone know the actual date mlb the show 14 is gonna be released for ps4?? Amazon says it's may 31 is that the actual date or haven't said anything yet? Thanks
Old 02-26-2014, 01:09 PM   #19
RIP Ty My Buddy

nemesis04's Arena

OVR: 52

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
gameplay online is a lowpoint how does he know has he played it?
The jist of what he is saying is based off the Show's past performance of actual gameplay the new features will not be as special if it is not on par play wise. Its a fair statement.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #20
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesis04
The jist of what he is saying is based off the Show's past performance of actual gameplay the new features will not be as special if it is not on par play wise. Its a fair statement.
oh no doubt, but 13 was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I can see the headaches if primarily an offline gamer and trying to make switch to online, but thats the case with all games.
Old 02-26-2014, 01:24 PM   #21
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by carli10
Hi does anyone know the actual date mlb the show 14 is gonna be released for ps4?? Amazon says it's may 31 is that the actual date or haven't said anything yet? Thanks
No one knows yet. It'll most likely be out sometime between May 6-27. Won't be the 31st as that is a Saturday. I don't think we'll find out an actual date until April.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #22
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
MLB 14: The Show Fact Sheet What's Hot/Not

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
oh no doubt, but 13 was not as bad as everyone makes it out to be. I can see the headaches if primarily an offline gamer and trying to make switch to online, but thats the case with all games.
If you had two people on wired connections the lag was almost imperceptible. If one person had wifi it was playable, even with both on wifi it was playable, as long as the people weren't in different countries. Most people playing online in The Show use wired connections, at least most that I encountered in DD. It's pretty easy to tell once you've seen all the scenarios.

If the net code was improved at all from last year won't be huge, just because it was pretty good in 13. There is a point where you just can't overcome the physical delay that is caused by an internet connection. You can have some predictive stuff in the net code, but even the best online games suffer some lag.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:52 PM   #23
MVP

aa2ba's Arena

OVR: 8

Looking forward to creating my Tracy McGrady Sugar Land Skeeter RTTS until the OS rosters are released!!
Old 02-26-2014, 03:20 PM   #24
MVP

bwiggy33's Arena

OVR: 6

For some of the people that are unhappy about Left handed infielders, they won't be included in any of the SCEA created players (draft picks), so it's really not that big of a deal. It may have taken some time away from other things but I can't imagine it taking an absurd amount of time to really impact something ground breaking for this game. I know for me the big thing is that they won't be having IF draft picks in franchise that are lefties. That would tick me off to no end.

Anyway definitely a fair list. Quick counts, player lock, and left handed infielders are stuff I will never use but there's many people out there who wanted quick counts and player lock so I totally understand them including that in the game. In fact I think those are two very big additions for the majority of the population. I don't play much RTTS at all so first person experiences are not what I enjoy. I'm also a huge sim guy so playing with quick counts is isn't something I dig at all, but I have the time to actually play full games. It's a different story for people who have families and what not going on.

For me what I was looking for in the fact sheet was exactly what Nemesis pointed out in his post. The PS4 only animations, fly ins, and then some of the improvements on both systems like CPU plate logic and whatever else. That to me is what is going to freshen up this game. It's such a fantastic game but I was starting to get to the point where I was bored of seeing the same animations, presentation, etc. The PS4 version is going to help keep me interested for a while and the best part about it is it will only be improved upon each year with the abilities of the PS4.

Also I can't stress this enough. For people who haven't played Next Gen yet, you will find out that what games can do with animations and physics is worth the upgrade alone. People look at these screenshots and nit pick little graphics things, which is fair because that's human nature. However, will you really notice the littlest details while playing? Probably not unless it's a close up view on replay. The animations and physics will make people forget about any of those little things that are slightly off. Even playing FIFA 14 (which is basically a port) has completely blown me away with gameplay. I can only imagine what better developers and more development time can do.
NFL-Minnesota Vikings
NFL-Denver Broncos
NCAAF-Michigan Wolverines
NCAAH-St. Cloud State Huskies
Soccer-Chelsea

Last edited by bwiggy33; 02-26-2014 at 03:25 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »