Home

Press Row Podcast - NBA Live State of the Union

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - NBA Live State of the Union within the NBA Live forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 02-28-2014, 09:41 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Press Row Podcast - NBA Live State of the Union

The 74th episode of the Press Row Podcast is an in-depth and at times fascinating look into the state of the NBA Live franchise as it stands today. Host Rich Grisham sits down with the Executive Producer of NBA Live Sean O’Brien to examine the game’s launch, its post-release support, how the team has reacted to the criticism from the gaming press and the Live community, how they’re balancing supporting NBA Live 14 against NBA Live 15, and where the team goes from here.

There aren’t a lot of people who would have this kind of conversation, so we thank Sean for his participation. No one but Operation Sports and the Press Row Podcast will deliver a show like this. Enjoy!

Send us your feedback! We love to hear from you and can’t wait to read your stuff on the air in a future episode. Do it one of these ways:

1) Follow the show on Twitter at @PressRowPodcast and send us some Tweets while you’re there
2) Email the show at [email protected]
3) Respond to this post

Also, the Press Row Podcast is now available on iTunes (https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/...ow/id563624090) and Stitcher Radio (http://www.stitcher.com/podcast/oper...ss-row-podcast), so subscribe to it and rate it too!

Enjoy the show!

Run Time: 1 Hour, 7 Minutes

If you can't view or listen to the embedded player below, please click here.

Platform: PS4 / Xbox One
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 10:12 AM   #2
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
Re: Press Row Podcast - NBA Live State of the Union

"We made a lot of promises when we shipped the game, and I think people can see we're following through on that"

I'm not sure what to say, man...

It just that he seems a but out of touch with actual community feedback and is just going off of some well wishing tweets he's getting...
Old 02-28-2014, 10:27 AM   #3
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
"We made a lot of promises when we shipped the game, and I think people can see we're following through on that"

I'm not sure what to say, man...

It just that he seems a but out of touch with actual community feedback and is just going off of some well wishing tweets he's getting...

I concur.. Bad 1st impression on Nextgen, will be harder to get sales next year off this reception. They fed off their own hype: Reality for Live 14 on the left, EA dev hype on the right.
Attached Images
File Type: gif wrh.gif (1.87 MB, 117 views)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

Last edited by noshun; 02-28-2014 at 10:49 AM.
Old 02-28-2014, 10:54 AM   #4
Just started!

OVR: 0
Live has its flaws like every game does I still play NBA Live 03 and 10, I would love to see a mix of game play from both,O'Brien what every happen to after plays when they showed the character doing something involved with the game like in live 03 please bring back the dunk contest and do a street mode were its 10 to 15 players and you have to beat all the old school players to complete the challenge (like a MK bracket) but keep interesting make sure that your sending the challenger to 10 different street legends court and let us make our own court to.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:05 AM   #5
Just started!

O'Brien we shouldn't have to beg for a practice mode either that should have already been in the game from jump. Live has always embraced a since of control for players don't short change us on that, bring back a full practice mode with skill drills and a dunk contest practice mode to if you decide to but it back in the game, if its not broke don't fix it do a combination of live 03,05,09,10. and please give us a dynasty that has radio broadcast Like (Madden 06) when the players and coaches came to talk on the radio to talk about a when or lose you guys are with EA use the resources you already had for years. NBA live should be the best game on the planet right now no reason for this, but what you guess came out with was a great product but way to water down ( whatever happen to big or go home )of the NBA Live franchise. I should not have to backtrack go go play old live titles to get a full enjoyment out of a live game when you people have the ides and resource to do everything I just said.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 02-28-2014, 11:26 AM   #6
Rookie

I guess it's good that he is not hiding and willing to do these interviews, but no one is going to take this game seriously until you guys actually invest in this series all around. Next it sounds like Live 16 will be the game that will be their go for it all game which is another risky approach considering the burned bridge that Live 14 has put them under. Live 15 needs to be their go to game, but he talks as if it is just another step for Live 16. I don't think they make it to Live 16 if Live 15 is not a success with the community.
Old 02-28-2014, 11:36 AM   #7
All Star

Mintsa's Arena

OVR: 17

Did he talk about/address the hourly roster updates ?
Old 02-28-2014, 11:55 AM   #8
MVP

noshun's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mintsa
Did he talk about/address the hourly roster updates ?

No, just small mention about the tech, stuff we've heard before.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dounte/MLBNFLNBALGS
I'd be the first to call myself a hypocrite.
Current Rotation: -/-
"Just know no matter who you are, the right system could turn a role player to a superstar." - Joe Budden
All Pro Football 2K8 Uniform Codes

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA Live »