Home

MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-07-2014, 10:58 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

Today I want to look at, what I think are, the best starting lineups in MLB and therefore in MLB 14: The Show. We're going to focus on the top five most dangerous lineups to face as a pitcher. We'll look at the strengths and also any potential weaknesses of the lineups. So without further ado, let's go!

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 11:15 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
I dont know if there number 1 by any means, but I think the BoSox need to be in the top 5. They may not have a LOT of power, but they sure can hit. You dont have to be a HR hitting lineup to be intimidating.
Old 03-07-2014, 11:16 AM   #3
MVP

og236's Arena

OVR: 0
As a yankee fan, our lineup will be scary if they remain healthy! But also, the Dodgers & Rangers lineups' are ridiculous good
Old 03-07-2014, 11:33 AM   #4
Rookie

Jgrillo5's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show: The Best Lineups

The only two that belong in that top 5 are the Dodgers and the Rangers. The orioles have a bunch of question marks and guys who could absolutely bust, the Yankees most likely will not even have that lineup because at least 2 of them will be injured, the only sure thing in the Angel's lineup is Trout, everyone else is injury plagued, unproven or bad, and the braves are o.k but bj upton has been bad and Simmons can't hit or get on base and Gattis still needs to prove he can be an everyday Cather and still be a good hitter
My Top 5:
5. Tigers (best hitter in the MLB in Cabrera with some other really solid veterans and young players.
4. Red Sox (solid consistent names with a couple young players capable of Rookie of the Year)
3. Cardinals (to me they have one question mark at 2nd base otherwise they have a very complete lineup with good depth, versatility and a lot of talent).
2. Rangers (they have good names that if they put out their above average seasons it could be extremely dangerous
1. Dodgers (multiple MVP candidates, and solid players throughout the lineup)
Old 03-07-2014, 11:41 AM   #5
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

I'm not too sure about the lineups, but this forum did need more pictures of Joe Namath, what a great picture! New York playboys, past and present!

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-07-2014, 12:06 PM   #6
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

Not sure why everyone thinks the Yankees lineup is so good. Texeiria is a huge question mark, he didn't even play 20 games last year. Jeter is old and didn't play last year. Gardner and Ellsbury are just average hitters, not much power. Plus they are injury prone. McCann's play will be key, he's their lone power source. Beltran should be regressing soon because of his age. He won't be bad but he isn't the Beltran when he joined St. Louis. Soriano and Roberts will hit around .250 at best. Kelly Johnson is just okay.

Yes, they have some big names but Tigers and Cardinals have much better lineups. They will benefit from their ratings being inflated because of who they WERE and their NAME, but where they are today.
Old 03-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #7
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jgrillo5
The only two that belong in that top 5 are the Dodgers and the Rangers. The orioles have a bunch of question marks and guys who could absolutely bust, the Yankees most likely will not even have that lineup because at least 2 of them will be injured, the only sure thing in the Angel's lineup is Trout, everyone else is injury plagued, unproven or bad, and the braves are o.k but bj upton has been bad and Simmons can't hit or get on base and Gattis still needs to prove he can be an everyday Cather and still be a good hitter
My Top 5:
5. Tigers (best hitter in the MLB in Cabrera with some other really solid veterans and young players.
4. Red Sox (solid consistent names with a couple young players capable of Rookie of the Year)
3. Cardinals (to me they have one question mark at 2nd base otherwise they have a very complete lineup with good depth, versatility and a lot of talent).
2. Rangers (they have good names that if they put out their above average seasons it could be extremely dangerous
1. Dodgers (multiple MVP candidates, and solid players throughout the lineup)
This is more of what I expected...
No disrespect to the Yanks even though Im a Sox fan but their lineup isnt all that scary. I mean it can be pretty potent but it's not consistent, is very injury plagued and is still pretty old... Imagine if they didnt make these huge signings this offseason, with these additions it only makes them above-average but not elite by any means...

The Red Sox deserve to be in the top 5 not because they won or anything but purely because of there consistency and discipline.
The Tigers and Cards have the middle spot IMO, I dont get how neither are on the list.
The Dodgers and Ranger deserve to top this list easily.

The Angels, Braves and Os just have too many questions, if you wanna play the "on paper" game then they MIGHT scratch the top 5. Again, they all have great lineup but dont most team depending on how you look at it and the potential they carry?...
Old 03-07-2014, 12:57 PM   #8
Rookie

this is clearly flawed, orioles lineup is overrated here, numbers pumped by small park/AL East

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »