Home

EA Sports UFC AMA Reveals More Details About the Game

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC AMA Reveals More Details About the Game within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-09-2014, 08:53 PM   #17
All Star

redsrule's Arena

OVR: 30
Re: EA Sports UFC AMA Reveals More Details About the Game

I wish you could go up or down a weight class with any fighter (expect down with heavyweight) but it isn't a huge deal to me right now. I do hope however you can edit guys weights/copy him to another weight like you could in Fight Night (I think you could do this)?
Old 03-09-2014, 09:05 PM   #18
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsrule
I wish you could go up or down a weight class with any fighter (expect down with heavyweight) but it isn't a huge deal to me right now. I do hope however you can edit guys weights/copy him to another weight like you could in Fight Night (I think you could do this)?
I dont think you could do that in FNC. You could edit their weight but I'm not sure you could edit them so they could be designated as another weight class.

EA really doesnt have any excuse for not letting you fight at least one class above or below though since it was done in FNC. It will suck in 2015 when Aldo is fighting in LW and I'm stuck fighting him in FW. I can understand restricting the HW v. LW or Male v. Female fights but one class up isnt difficult.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:53 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 39
The offline experience, features and total customization will take a backseat to online. EA tends to take away offline freedom to focus everything to online.
Many of the things they say can't be done. Can be done! People accept things blindly and don't look deeper into the picture. EA and it's producers main focus and the future of keeping the game fresh for future releases.
Old 03-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #20
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
The offline experience, features and total customization will take a backseat to online. EA tends to take away offline freedom to focus everything to online.
Many of the things they say can't be done. Can be done! People accept things blindly and don't look deeper into the picture. EA and it's producers main focus and the future of keeping the game fresh for future releases.
What game has done those things you say can be done? LOL. WWE2K is the only series I've seen do big fighters against small fighters for years and they cant even get that right. Its not as easy as you say.

As for total customization, I'll be happy if its on the level of FNC. With FNC, you can change their ratings and clothing which is more than you could do in any other MMA game.
Old 03-10-2014, 01:10 PM   #21
MVP

Hiro1's Arena

OVR: 7

I seriously wonder if some people believe producers intentionally make bad movies too so consumers will have a reason to go see the sequel. Maybe music artist hold back great singles to put on their sophomore album?

The idea that ea would hold onto a perfectly good working feature to keep the game fresh is asinine. Why? Because second iterations are not promised. The 1st EA UFC game could be bad(I hope not) and could very well flop and get cancelled and the dev team would be left looking for projects else where.

Like all games EA UFC will struggle with the paradox that is a fun simulation.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 01:45 PM   #22
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hiro1
I seriously wonder if some people believe producers intentionally make bad movies too so consumers will have a reason to go see the sequel. Maybe music artist hold back great singles to put on their sophomore album?

The idea that ea would hold onto a perfectly good working feature to keep the game fresh is asinine. Why? Because second iterations are not promised. The 1st EA UFC game could be bad(I hope not) and could very well flop and get cancelled and the dev team would be left looking for projects else where.

People get caught up in the EA hate a little. Has Madden withheld features? Yes but they are guaranteed to release a title every year.

When it comes to UFC, I flip flop a little. On one hand, EA can say this is their first UFC game all they want but you can clearly see that the game has taken elements (especially animations) from FNC and EA MMA so its not completely true that this game was built from the ground up.

On the other hand, we are dealing with not only a new series but with two new systems so I can guarantee there will be some bugs and glitches at first.
Old 03-10-2014, 05:02 PM   #23
MVP

OVR: 39
Quote:

I'm speaking from interviews that have been conducted. I have even did interviews in which producers have said they have to save something for another game. It's stupid to think this isn't a business or they aren't doing business moves.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:26 AM   #24
Hall Of Fame

Money99's Arena

OVR: 37

Quote:
They can do this because there is only one UFC game on the market so fans of UFC and video games have no choice but to buy this one.
That's how they can guarantee the title lives on year after year despite having stripped-down options.

And you really don't need any further proof than what we've seen from the NHL and Madden games - two other series' which don't have any competition.

Using EA NHL as an example, goalie fights were in NHL2004. Guess what wasn't in NHL07 through NHL12?
Then when it was re-introduced in NHL13, guess what they featured on the back of the box? Goalie Fights. And they advertised it as "Never seen before!" (Which is technically true since goalie fights never occurred on an 360 or PS3 before).

EA UFC won't be any different.
This is EA's first UFC title so they can easily say that because it's their first attempt at a UFC game they couldn't possibly fit in everything because they had to get so much else stuffed in first.

They'll slowly add features every other year and drag out the process until the PS5 and XB2 are released and then start the whole process over.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
I'm speaking from interviews that have been conducted. I have even did interviews in which producers have said they have to save something for another game. It's stupid to think this isn't a business or they aren't doing business moves.
This is very true. As a member of a Community Day event, I've heard it personally out of a producers mouth.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »