Home

MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2014, 10:49 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

With the additions of online franchise and quicker games, MLB 14: The Show is making it more appealing than ever to jump into its deep franchise mode. However, for some, the question then becomes: Which team should I pick?

For most, the answer is simple: their favorite team. But what if you are want a more specific challenge than getting the home nine to the World Series?

Here are some good (and tough) places to start...

Read More - MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges
Platform: PS Vita / PS3 / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 10:55 AM   #2
Rookie

pay26's Arena

OVR: 0
Colorado Rockies!!!
Old 03-10-2014, 11:58 AM   #3
Pro

rkocjay's Arena

NEW York Yankees
Old 03-10-2014, 11:59 AM   #4
Rookie

New York Mets
Old 03-10-2014, 12:00 PM   #5
Rookie

SVCbearcat10's Arena

I think biggest challenge is actually the Marlins. Astros are bad, but they have the best farm system. It will just take time for that talent to reach the majors, but they have a legit core (potentially) that will come up together. Marlins don't have too much to work with top to bottom.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 12:01 PM   #6
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Win Now:
Dodgers
Rangers
Old 03-10-2014, 12:24 PM   #7
MVP

Re: MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

Quote:
Originally Posted by SVCbearcat10
I think biggest challenge is actually the Marlins. Astros are bad, but they have the best farm system. It will just take time for that talent to reach the majors, but they have a legit core (potentially) that will come up together. Marlins don't have too much to work with top to bottom.
The good news about the Marlins is any reasonably competent person with a good knowledge of baseball can do better than the current Marlins owner when it comes to building the team into a winner. Loria is a slick businessman but seems disinterested in winning.

The bad news is that is the worst lineup in the National League.
Old 03-10-2014, 12:31 PM   #8
Rookie

bigdaddykraven's Arena

OVR: 4
I've done this for years as a "the Show" fan. I really wish there was an expansion team option. Was hoping we could import Diamond Dynasty teams to the Online franchise and do a cool fantasy 8-16 team online franchise.

In the past I've taken the Devil Rays before they were good and became the Rays. The Pirates until they were good. Last year I tried Houston and I have to say, with all the young talent they have, they were too easy. Wait a couple years for their hitters to mature, then sign or trade for a couple good pitchers and you have a playoff team. They have a lot of money in their cap open so the challenge was small.

I agree above with the Marlins as a good options, but then you have to play in their new ballpark and see those neon uniforms all the time.

I really like the Padres as a challenge. They have some good pieces and you can probably get them to the playoffs with a few moves but the real challenge will be sustaining a system for 5-10 years. I almost miss the days when my Reds were a "bad team" and I could take over as GM for them. If you want a medium challenge though, the Reds would be a good one. You know they have the chance of making the playoffs and through a couple of moves, making them a powerhouse 'dynasty' team would be the real challenge.

Why does May have to be so far away?

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »