Home

MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2014, 02:20 PM   #17
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33
Don't see why Miami wouldn't be a good team to use if you're trying to build. Good solid young rotation with a few good arms in the minors. Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna provide some decent young hitters that are in the majors and Moran in the minors.

The idea that they have nothing to work with is just uninformed. Who knows about real life, but in the game get a few more hitters in the lineup and you should be good to go.

Last edited by Chrisksaint; 03-10-2014 at 02:22 PM.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:26 PM   #18
MVP

OVR: 15
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Best Franchise Challenges

I think the Mets are a good team to use. They have three future stud starting pitchers in Harvey, Wheeler, and Syndergaard. Their hitting leaves something to be desired, but Wright and Granderson is a pretty good start.
Old 03-10-2014, 02:51 PM   #19
MVP

TGov's Arena

OVR: 8

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavsfan2
I think the Mets are a good team to use. They have three future stud starting pitchers in Harvey, Wheeler, and Syndergaard. Their hitting leaves something to be desired, but Wright and Granderson is a pretty good start.
You have a great point, one of the biggest cities but a team that's greatly overshadowed. I like to rebuild with Houston like I mentioned in my other post but since theyre now in the AL, I may have to rethink my 2nd team. The Mets might be a good one for the reasons you mentioned. HOWEVER you didnt mention C Travis d'Arnaud... And I'd have to trade Granderson, he provides a great power/speed combo but he's a former Yankee... But he was traded there and seems so fun to use... I dont know we'll have to wait and see with him lol...
Old 03-10-2014, 03:46 PM   #20
MVP

Cowboy008's Arena

OVR: 5
Once the OSFM is out I will be doing a Tampa Bay Rays franchise.
Old 03-10-2014, 03:47 PM   #21
Rookie

OVR: 0

I just can't do the Marlins....That ballpark is hideous! You also will have maybe the strongest hitter in the MLB with Stanton and the filthiest young pitcher in Fernandez IN A PITCHERS PARK! Hechavarria is just fine at SS, Yelich and Ozuna can be solid and Moran will be beast. Salt will give u what u need at catcher so no way there.
Houston just is stacked In the farm and man giving up pop up HRs to left field in Minute Maid can b frustrating even tho CF will give u them right back.
I love the Padres for building but I am a SF fan and cant build up the courage to compete against my own team.
Heres my top 2:
Cleveland - No. 1 they may have the best Double A team in the game (Rubber Ducks). They really are a product of Francona and really overachieved. Santana is over at 3rd and that might get interesting. Other then Lindor and their stud Ginger in CF they have nothing to stick with.

Heres the team I haven't seen mentioned once for some reason....
Seattle Mariners....they have never won a WS, Keith Law has their minors ranked 21st. King Felix and Cano will probably take up 1/3 if not more of that budget they have. Who other then those 2 can u count on? and if ur like me youll love the huge ballpark.

This is the problem really....we don't have overalls or budgets to help make decisions. There has been a few ratings spit out here and there and the most confusing thing is in some screenshots u can c that the Padres might actually be better then a A's? It might be way dif down deeper but the A's have 4 players 85+ and the Padres have at least 5 guys 85+ yet the A's are head and shoulders a better team then the Padres
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-10-2014, 03:57 PM   #22
Pro

ASUBoy93's Arena

OVR: 2
I am just happy to finally be able to play The Show now that I have switched from Xbox. But to keep on track, I plan on using either the Marlins or the Cubs. Would love to finally win a WS for Chicago and of course using Miami would be a real challenge, especially trying to keep Stanton.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:12 PM   #23
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

I'm from the belief that you should use the team you root for. I understand why others use other teams though. I'll be playing with the Mets, of course.
Old 03-10-2014, 04:24 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
Don't see why Miami wouldn't be a good team to use if you're trying to build. Good solid young rotation with a few good arms in the minors. Stanton, Yelich, Ozuna provide some decent young hitters that are in the majors and Moran in the minors.

The idea that they have nothing to work with is just uninformed. Who knows about real life, but in the game get a few more hitters in the lineup and you should be good to go.
With default rosters...

They have the lowest payroll in the NL which will make it difficult to retain guys like Stanton - one of the new features is wins/losses impacting budget.

They have excellent late relief. Starting pitching consists of the best young starter in MLB and then some guys with little MLB experience which will equate to low durability ratings in the game. Low durability is a major problem - you will need to train durability exclusively for 3 years or more.

Lineup:
No third baseman.
Catcher will be hurt by the 3 year average, his only good year was 2013
Shortstop is okay defensively but can't hit
Second Furcal will have poor ratings, Solano will be the starter
First a serviceable platoon
Outfield Stanton is a star but no protection for him in the lineup
Yelich was excellent for 1/2 a season but will have same durability issues as starting pitching

If you use created rosters then anything could happen, they could be the '61 Yankees, but with default rosters they have 5 or 6 positions of need in the lineup plus a lack of durable starting pitching.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »