Home

Sports Daily: The Success of Short QBs in the NFL

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: The Success of Short QBs in the NFL within the Pro Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-10-2014, 08:47 AM   #17
Asst 2 the Comm Manager

TheShizNo1's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: Sports Daily: The Success of Short QBs in the NFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrisksaint
To me height will have nothing to do with Manziel's success or failures. In CFB he made crazy plays, but to me they were always just that. I never saw particular great accuracy, bad decisions that a lot of times worked out, crumbled when he couldn't move(both LSU games)
C'mon man. You gonna throw his worst game ever up there as your evidence? What about every other defense in the vaunted SEC that he was helping drop 40 on?

I don't care to use stats, but dude had a 68.9 career completion percentage. You have to be somewhere in the area of accurate to do that. We saw the offense, there really weren't any throws he struggled to make.

And crazy plays? I know you've seen Brees run one way, run another, and then fire something down the seam to Lance Moore or Colston.

You don't do that well at that high of a level getting lucky on crazy plays.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
You underestimate my laziness
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mo
**** ya

Old 03-10-2014, 07:44 PM   #18
$$$

Chrisksaint's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheShizNo1

And crazy plays? I know you've seen Brees run one way, run another, and then fire something down the seam to Lance Moore or Colston.

You don't do that well at that high of a level getting lucky on crazy plays.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
I don't admit defeat very often.

Old 03-10-2014, 08:33 PM   #19
Bamma

ProfessaPackMan's Arena

OVR: 36

It also helps that Brees is one of the smartest players to play in the NFL as well.
Old 03-11-2014, 02:54 PM   #20
MVP

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by FaceMask
Manziel is too immature mentally to compare him to Wilson outside of size. He's going to struggle a lot at the pro level. That said, if he can get his head together and is willing to work, he can some day be a polished NFL starter, but I can't see it happening as soon as it did for Russell Wilson.
I have to agree with this. It's almost the way some women put it. For some women size doesn't matter if he can make up for it in other places lol.

In this case, Wilson had the maturity, smarts, and leadership and "MENTAL INTAGIBLES" that you either have or you don't that completely negate the fact that he's a short QB. This is why Drew Brees has been a successful QB and will probably wind up in the HOF later in his life.

Manziel is NOT either of these two guys. He's got nothing in common with either one of them outside of some similar physical skills. Drew and Russel are mature and cerebral QB's. They are almost like shorter, but more mobile versions of a poor man's Manning or Brady.. but Johnny Football is just a short guy with some physical talent. I don't think that's going to be enough to live up to the hype that's been around him (that he's embraced). I think after his first contract is up, he's going to be a journeyman QB for a few more years and then become a career number 2. There's just things that he doesnt have the Wilson and Brees do that can't be taught on the field. You either have it or you dont. You either are that type of guy or you're not... and the NFL moves at a totally different speed than college. These are grown men coming off that line in a way he hasn't seen yet.. and THIS is when your maturity and mental aspect of the game have to come in and save your ***. I think some defenses are going to flat out punish manziel and expose him.

Not to turn this into a draft discussion but the Texans just need to grab the best player available to fill one of the holes they have... Johnny isn't going to live up to be a first overall pick..not to mention.. dudes like Watt and Andre Johnson are NOT going to put up with him and the Johnny Football train that comes with him. Those dudes are MEN.. Johnny is still a boy.

PSN = LordHveMercy08

XBL = Lord Hve Mercy

Add me now, because I don't like playing with little random 12 year olds.

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Pro Football »