Home

Sports Daily: Barry Bonds, Coach

This is a discussion on Sports Daily: Barry Bonds, Coach within the Pro Baseball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2014, 02:13 PM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
Sports Daily: Barry Bonds, Coach

When he was in his prime, few were better at working the count for a walk like Barry Bonds. Now that he's back in a Giants uniform for a limited coaching role, the former slugger and suspected PED user is still working the free pass when it comes to discussing his shadowed past.

By bringing in Bonds, San Francisco hasn't crossed any lines that other clubs don't already do by inviting former franchise staples to instruct on various aspects during the Spring. But while Bonds may not be the physical behemoth he once was, his smaller frame can't hide the elephant in the room -- his continued dodging of the PED use issue and it's distraction on a team trying to focus on 2014.

When St. Louis welcomed in Mark McGwire as their hitting coach, 'Big Mac' decided it was time to come clean about his past. While Bonds isn't assuming that level of coaching responsibility, he also isn't showing signs of being accountable for his alleged PED use -- once again becoming a side show that the Giants pretend doesn't exist while trying to appease all sides.

Sound Off: How would you feel about Barry Bonds coaching for your favorite team?

Sports Headlines for March 11, 2014
Platform: Sports
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Resident film pundit

Blzer's Arena

OVR: 55
Re: Sports Daily: Barry Bonds, Coach

I want Bonds to stick around for the long haul in the Giants organization. Shoot, I want his 49-year old *** back out in left field for San Francisco, a void which still hasn't been filled in seven years.
Samsung PN60F8500 PDP / Anthem MRX 720 / Klipsch RC-62 II / Klipsch RF-82 II (x2) / Insignia NS-B2111 (x2) / SVS PC13-Ultra / SVS SB-2000 / Sony MDR-7506 Professional / Audio-Technica ATH-R70x / Sony PS3 & PS4 / DirecTV HR44-500 / DarbeeVision DVP-5000 / Panamax M5400-PM / Elgato HD60
Old 03-11-2014, 02:39 PM   #3
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12

Kind of funny Barry is all smiles now, considering his past with the media. He wasn't a very nice guy when I met in in person back in 2010 when I was going to school at St. Mary's. He did have a nice swing though I must admit. I know a lot of people hate the guy, but he could help some of the Giants hitters I am sure. Wait and see how this one plays out.
Old 03-11-2014, 03:17 PM   #4
Pro

sactown_13's Arena

OVR: 10
Dont really see the issue here for the giants. They are bringing a team legend that can only help there young players. Like a guy said on fox sports1, its not like he is going to be the teams pharmacy
Old 03-11-2014, 06:21 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 4
Good for him, I'm tired of everyone ostracising him for something that was a part of the game for more than 20 years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 10:45 AM   #6
Keep the Faith

TripleCrown9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lovesports
Good for him, I'm tired of everyone ostracising him for something that was a part of the game for more than 20 years.
Way more than 20 years lol.
Old 03-13-2014, 11:08 AM   #7
BING BONG

DieHardYankee26's Arena

OVR: 10

He looked to be much leaner in a video I saw of him recently as well. Glad they did this, guy is a hitting legend.
I can't hide who I am, baby I'm a gangster
In the Rolls Royce, steppin' on a mink rug
The clique just a gang of bosses that linked up
Old 03-13-2014, 07:04 PM   #8
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blzer
I want Bonds to stick around for the long haul in the Giants organization. Shoot, I want his 49-year old *** back out in left field for San Francisco, a void which still hasn't been filled in seven years.
The void in left may be unfilled, but those two World Series Championships ought to go along way in easing that void

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > Pro Baseball »