Home

Driveclub Going Back to the Drawing Board with Another Delay

This is a discussion on Driveclub Going Back to the Drawing Board with Another Delay within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-11-2014, 11:41 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
Driveclub Going Back to the Drawing Board with Another Delay

In a recent interview with IGN, Sony Worldwide Studios America software product development head, Scott Rohde stated the following:

Quote:
What I will say is that it all comes back to that fundamental principle, and that’s that we want to build great games,” Rohde said. “And we really don’t want to release a game before it’s ready. And sometimes, this happens in the normal course of business, where we think we’re on track to deliver what we think is going to be a great game, and when we get closer, we realize that we’d be doing everyone a disservice if we shipped it before it was ready.”

“So, I think that at PlayStation, perhaps more than at other places, we’re willing to kinda eat that [cost],” Rohde continued, “and go back to the drawing board and make sure the game is great before we ship it. And that’s what’s going on right now with that game.

It's never a good sign to see a game is go back to the drawing board. If we hear anything else, we'll let you know.
Platform: PS4
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-11-2014, 07:37 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 33
I lost interest in this game as soon as it became apparent that the developers seemed intent on making a game that looked real life but played like an arcade game.
Old 03-12-2014, 01:41 AM   #3
Survival Hurts.....

SilentYetViolent's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: Driveclub Going Back to the Drawing Board with Another Delay

I've immediately lost interest in this game once I heard about the 2nd delay. Guess I'll be sticking with NFS Rivals until The Crew comes out

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Old 03-12-2014, 02:43 PM   #4
JMD
MVP

JMD's Arena

OVR: 16

Darn I really need a racing game for my PS4. I was hoping Drive Club would be it. Oh well I can wait. With Project Cars and Gran Turismo 7 due in late 2014 we will have plenty of racing to do. I'll just stick with Gran Tursimo 6 for now.
Old 03-12-2014, 05:51 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_OS

In a recent interview with IGN, Sony Worldwide Studios America software product development head, Scott Rohde stated the following:

It's never a good sign to see a game is go back to the drawing board. If we hear anything else, we'll let you know.
I cannot stress the importance of reading. Drive Club went back to the drawing board and that was the explanation for the original delay. It has not been delayed again. Please, i beg everyone to pay attention to details before spreading false information. It will be released this year as insiders on Neogaf have confirmed that. The rumor going around is that its was held back due to Sony's VR headset. That will be shown at gdc this month and we expect to see drive club footage there.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »