Home

MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 02:22 PM   #1
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

In MLB '14 The Show, we've added a whole new way to compete against other players, even when you’re away from your PlayStation. Your Diamond Dynasty team is always prepared to compete in an offline setting, earning you bonus rewards to be claimed the next time you log in. When online, you'll have the opportunity to challenge other user-created teams in offline games where the AI controls their team. The next time that user logs in, he will see how his team fared against you.

When the AI controls your team, it utilizes the new Universal Profile Tendency Tracking system to replicate your play style. Whether you run a lot on the base paths, play a lot of small ball, or pepper the strike zone, other players will get a good sense of your on-field personality even when you’re not behind the controller. Click here to check out the full Dev Blog – New Universal Profile and Stubs. It’s worth noting that when the AI controls your team, your players do not accrue stats or lose games and your dynasty only stands to benefit financially.

Challenging other dynasties using the Extra Innings system is simple. Jump into a game against any team directly from Standings or your Extra Innings challenge history. Not sure who to challenge? Use the Play Ball Extra Innings option to get view recommended teams with varying team strengths. When you are controlling your team, your players record stats and lose games just as they would if you played a game against the MLB AI.

Extra Innings provides a more robust offline experience in MLB 14 The Show. While the Rating and Division system are still based on competitive online play, playing offline to evolve your players and build up your dynasty will be social, engaging, and more fun than ever.

Source - The Show Nation
Platform: PS3 / PS Vita / PS4
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 02:26 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: Dev Blog from TSN: Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

I guess others are happy about this, but personally, IDRC. Hopefully we'll get another blog b4 the week's out.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:29 PM   #3
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

hope logo creation has been improved too cumbersome for my tastes and can never really give the mode a chance
Old 03-12-2014, 02:32 PM   #4
MVP

tnixen's Arena

OVR: 0

The blog I am really looking forward to the most is the Presentation blog featuring PS4 footage

Most likely that will have to wait for mid April.

Last edited by tnixen; 03-12-2014 at 02:35 PM.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #5
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
The blog I am really looking forward to the most is the Presentation blog featuring PS4 footage
You got about another month to wait!

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I guess others are happy about this, but personally, IDRC. Hopefully we'll get another blog b4 the week's out.
Im not real super excited about this either. Not the mode I usually play.
I might check it out, but Im looking to dive into some Franchise meat this year.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 02:39 PM   #6
Pro

ajblithe20's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_Quiet_Pro
I'm with you, I guess those are some cool improvements and fans of the mode will be happy, but I never use this mode. I went to TSN and saw the screenshots that went along with this post, and they don't offer any cool tidbits either haha. Oh well, we're so close to the PS3 release anyway, I'm not going to die over it... I think
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #7
Banned

The_Duke's Arena

I don't care about Diamond Dynasty either. Give us a create a team with FULL CONTROL OVER ROSTERS and then maybe I'll think about trying something like this out. But the way it is now. Never.

On the positive side at least their getting this diamond dynasty, online blogs out of the way so we can look forward to more meat and potato information. Like new gameplay mechanics, cameras, RTTS.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #8
Rookie

vessel29's Arena

This may be great news for some, but I was really hoping to see a blog about RTTS or offline franchise. I want to get the digital pre order and was hoping to see one of those before I pulled the trigger.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »