Home

Eight Features the NFL Removed From the Madden Series

This is a discussion on Eight Features the NFL Removed From the Madden Series within the Madden NFL Football forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 01:27 PM   #1
*ll St*r

roadman's Arena

OVR: 34
Eight Features the NFL Removed From the Madden Series

Over the years the Madden series has removed quite a few features the fans loved. Many times they were removed because the NFL wouldn't sign off on them.

Check out the article written by Jon Robinson at SI Extra Mustard and find out which features are gone because of the No Fun League.
Platform: PS3 / PS4 / Xbox 360 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 02:34 PM   #2
Pro

OVR: 4
Re: 8 Features the NFL Made Madden Remove

wow No Fun League...still not giving EA a pass because essentially the removal of these aspects should mean a greater focus on gameplay.
Old 03-12-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Rookie

NicVirtue's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by dghustla
wow No Fun League...still not giving EA a pass because essentially the removal of these aspects should mean a greater focus on gameplay.
This.

This also makes me think that even if 2K were to make an NFL game, they would be under the same ridiculously stupid restrictions.
Old 03-12-2014, 03:05 PM   #4
MVP

4thQtrStre5S's Arena

The NFL has really gotten to a point of uselessness and corporatism, above and beyond acceptable levels....Masking and manipulating facts to suit their desired, FALSE, image of the NFL....

#1, which I hold as true is, The NFL does not care about player safety, it cares about it's wallet...Anytime Goodell or someone else talks of player safety, I just stop listening, because it is all lies...Hockey might be my next spectator sport, the NFL and Goodell are wearing my patience....(/rant over)
Old 03-12-2014, 04:08 PM   #5
MVP

kjcheezhead's Arena

OVR: 27

Interesting read I guess. I can see the NFL's point on all 8 really and none of these are difference makers that would take madden from an 7-8 game to a 9-10.

1 Ambulance. It was funny originally because it ran other players over. It wouldn't translate to the ps4 version.

2. Concussions. So EA was forced to refer to them as head injuries...ok. so?

3. Hit stick violence. You don't see heads snapping back, but the hit stick still lays people out. The physics contortions make for some painful looking moments as well.

4. Losing helmets. I do miss this one, it doesn't happen enough in real football to need it in game and I can see the NFL not wanting it. They don't let players remove them on the field at all.

5. Design your team colors. This one is stupid but I think it's a niche group who do this. I don't notice it isn't there.

6. Celebrations. I won't give EA a pass here either. Most of the ones they discussed were flagged in real life. Not to mention EA is probably allowed to do celebrations like real football where teammates wait for them to finish the dance before celebrating. Instead EA uses cut scenes that eliminate the other players all together.

7. Laying out sideline guys. This just became an issue with the new systems, the old sidelines have been cut outs for years. I won't complain about the NFL taking this out either. Living worlds needs a lot of work with or without this.

8. Dynamic attendance. Another non game breaker. It seems the problem was centered around small market teams looking bad. Makes sense, EA should still be able to change it so every team has lighter attendance in preseason or if the home team is being blown out as long as it's universal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 08:34 PM   #6
Rookie

Wish the NFL would make EA remove all the crappy animations...
Old 03-12-2014, 08:48 PM   #7
Madden Dev Team

DeuceDouglas's Arena

OVR: 22

Man. All of these make me wonder what other ridiculous stuff they don't allow.

The concussions thing is stupid. I can understand maybe if they depict a guy getting up off the ground walking around like Glass Joe or something but it just makes me wonder how long it is before injuries altogether are eliminated so the NFL can try to continue to create the illusion that nobody gets hurt in the NFL.

The attendance thing is stupid too. If he got pissed because fans didn't show up in the video game, he must be really pissed every home game when no real people show up either.

The owner mode uniform just seems like a big contradiction. "We don't want to see the Raiders in pink uniforms" but.... "We're entirely okay with teams looking like rejects from the Arena League or the XFL.
Old 03-12-2014, 09:01 PM   #8
MVP

hanzsomehanz's Arena

OVR: 4

I look forward to seeing more wrap tackles, less helmet to helmet trucks, and less trucks that gut the defender and decleat him off the ground - that needs to go.

Im indifferent to much of anything else on the mentioned list.

Sent from my SGH-I727R using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Football > Madden NFL Football »