Home

MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-12-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: MLB 14 The Show Blog - Diamond Dynasty Extra Innings

Quote:
Originally Posted by thaSLAB
What you want is a create a team/league or expansion mode. DD is not meant to be that. It's more of an Ultimate Team mode. They are working towards it tho, and I've personally suggestions to further improve the mode. If you look at the big picture, this really is a jump in the right direction for this mode which is only on its third iteration. I could here the outcry now if the community thought they spent too many resources improving this mode.

True, lol. We've talk about a possible solution that I hope will eventually be implemented, sooner than later. I think the logo creation tool is more than sufficient (without needing import) in the hands of the right people. ;-)

Spoiler

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

Man that's good.

You are great at editing those.
Too bad I'm better at making crowd signs!
(no there is no crowd sign editor for PS4...I wish there was though!)

M.K.
Knight165
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 08:45 PM   #26
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

I think what would be great is to have a Logo Vault where you have user created logos as well as Dev created logos available for use.

I agree the creator is not easy for everyone.
I have a decent understanding of PhotoShop which helps, but even then its tough. I think the average person just gives up.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:07 PM   #27
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
I think what would be great is to have a Logo Vault where you have user created logos as well as Dev created logos available for use.

I have a decent understanding of PhotoShop which helps, but even then its tough. I think the average person just gives up.
excellent post and Im in this camp
Old 03-12-2014, 10:14 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 0
Looks like they've invested a lot more time in DD. For me, this is disappointing Im not a fan of the feature at all.
Old 03-12-2014, 10:47 PM   #29
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:

If it was similar to how Forza did it, that would be ok. But you risk losing individuality between the teams if you can import others' work. I honestly would not want to put my logo out there since I wan't my team to look distict from every other team in DD. There are a lot of teams.

I agree there needs to be an easier way to create simple logos, expecially text. Having to use a stamp system, for text sucks. You should be able to type in Bananas, pick a font, change it to yellow and done. You can have a jersey made with Bananas in yellow accross the chest in a few minutes.

My main complaint is that there needs to be a way to import the previous year's logo into DD. There should be a way to access your logo which is stored server side somewhere in MLB 14, 15 and beyond. I spend a lot of time on my logos and even having a way to import the logo as one flat layer would be enough.

This is the logo that shows up on theshownation.com so they have the ability to flatten as a PNG, lower the resolution, and have it stored on a server, in this case Amazon's.

If they could just let you import a flat image such as this, but at the original resolution, then it would solve the headache of having to recreate your team each year.
Old 03-12-2014, 11:14 PM   #30
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
If it was similar to how Forza did it, that would be ok.
I have no clue how Forza does anything, but I dont see it as being that big of a deal.
How many DD teams out there now use stock DD logos from the creator and do nothing to them but slap a name on them?

I know for a fact that you would have some people that would enjoy making logos just to share with the community.

Even if those logos were just black & white and required the DLer to add color and a name.
That would give them individuality and not require TOO much effort in creating a logo.

As far as saving your logo for next year, isnt that part of the point of the MLB14 YTY Saves?
Old 03-12-2014, 11:32 PM   #31
MVP

cardinalbird5's Arena

OVR: 13

I honestly don't find the logos difficult at all to make. I think it is fun to see some of the artist out there. I don't even consider myself good at making the logo's, but most of mine resemble some sort of real team. A lot of users don't even put effort into it.

I think a lot of guys on this forum haven't given this mode a chance or it just doesn't appeal to them. I love the mode and I find it strange NBA 2k's MyTeam is more popular when it is absolutely garbage compared to DD.

This is a cool feature for sure.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-12-2014, 11:38 PM   #32
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
I have no clue how Forza does anything, but I dont see it as being that big of a deal.
How many DD teams out there now use stock DD logos from the creator and do nothing to them but slap a name on them?

I know for a fact that you would have some people that would enjoy making logos just to share with the community.

Even if those logos were just black & white and required the DLer to add color and a name.
That would give them individuality and not require TOO much effort in creating a logo.

As far as saving your logo for next year, isnt that part of the point of the MLB14 YTY Saves?
Forza had the ability to create layers basically, say a banana, or a space invader. Stuff like that. You could then take those and stamp them on your car. But the creator created it with purpose of sharing it. They could get very complicated and more than enough to be an actual logo.

That would be ideal, allow for creation of parts that can be used in logos, not entire logos.

But you could still end up with the same thing, people downloading a user created logo and slaping a name on them.

I don't think anything has been said regarding year to year saves in DD. You could export your DD logo on PS3 last year, but I don't think its been said if that logo file can be imported into MLB 14. Plus that was for PS3, even if it is in the game this year, it wouldn't help the PS4 version.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »