Home

How The Show Can Embrace Baseball's History

This is a discussion on How The Show Can Embrace Baseball's History within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-14-2014, 12:50 PM   #9
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56
Re: How The Show Can Embrace Baseball's History

If God loves baseball like I think he does......he will get Ramone to print this out and get this to the people who need to see this to get it done.
If they take care of the stadiums......a uniform editor and custom league setup...
We'll take care of the rest!

Great read.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-14-2014, 01:00 PM   #10
MVP

RayRay34's Arena

OVR: 17
I feel like I just got done listening to James Earl Jone's baseball speech from field of dreams! Great article!!
Old 03-14-2014, 01:11 PM   #11
Banned

The_Duke's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayRay34
I feel like I just got done listening to James Earl Jone's baseball speech from field of dreams! Great article!!
Ray. People will come, Ray. They’ll come to Iowa for reasons they can’t even fathom. They’ll turn into your driveway, not knowing for sure why they’re doing it. They’ll arrive at your door, as innocent as children, longing for the past. “Of course, we won’t mind if you look around,” you’ll say, “It’s only twenty dollars per person.” And they’ll pass over the money without even thinking about it, for it is money they have and peace they lack. And they’ll walk off to the bleachers and sit in their short sleeves on a perfect afternoon. And find they have reserved seats somewhere along the baselines where they sat when they were children. And cheer their heroes. And they’ll watch the game, and it’ll be as they’d dipped themselves in magic waters. The memories will be so thick, they’ll have to brush them away from their faces. People will come, Ray. The one constant through all the years Ray, has been baseball. America has rolled by like an army of steamrollers. It’s been erased like a blackboard, rebuilt and erased again. But baseball has marked the time. This field, this game, is a part of our past, Ray. It reminds us of all that once was good, and that could be again. Oh people will come, Ray. People will most definitely come.

I love that line I have in bold. Gives me chills.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 01:12 PM   #12
Rookie

hbk_wess's Arena

OVR: 4
something i have wanted for years out of a baseball game
Old 03-14-2014, 01:37 PM   #13
Rookie

eaw913's Arena

OVR: 1

This really is one of the absolute best posts I have seen here in some time. I could not agree more with everything said. I would even be willing to pay extra (maybe even $60 to pay for it as an extra game for all the licensing and content) just to have this.

I really hope that this happens in the next few years. With the power of the PS4, this could be quite amazing.
Old 03-14-2014, 01:49 PM   #14
Rookie

beecravey7's Arena

OVR: 3
This would be awesome! I went to several games at tiger stadium as a kid and would love to see classic stadiums and teams be focused on in a baseball game.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:32 PM   #15
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
Baseball relies a lot on history, so I'm in favor of adding historic ball parks and seasons. Nice post.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-14-2014, 03:05 PM   #16
Rookie

OVR: 7
Now that's what I'm talking about! Been wanting to see this for a long time. Old Time Baseball did this in mid '90s on PC with classic announcers Curt Gowdy and Mel Allen. Talk about reliving my childhood memories. Always have loved the classic ballparks. If they could really replicate the older player faces, mechanics, and nuances from old footage, that would be too cool. I know we had some historic ballplayers in earlier The Shows, but they were not done very well and were not very compelling.
MVP PC had some great classic stadium mods that were very immersive too.
This needs to happen. I would pay full retail add on to have this in The Show, if done correctly.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »