Home

PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1 Features MLB 14 The Show & NBA 2K14 For $89.99 (PS3)

This is a discussion on PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1 Features MLB 14 The Show & NBA 2K14 For $89.99 (PS3) within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-17-2014, 03:39 PM   #17
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
I wonder why people are dogging the PS3 version of NBA2k? Is it because the PS4 version is also available at roughly the same price so the PS3 version is considered less valuable? Or is it because the PS3 has been out for so long already?

On another note, the package makes sense to me because those are the two most realistic depictions of their sports. If I could only play 2 sports games on PS3 those would be #1 and #2.

Then I would have a classic pack with College Hoops 2k8 and APF 2k8. Then maybe an alternate sports pack with Moto GP 13 and UFC 3. Or bundle GT6 with WWE 2k14.
Old 03-17-2014, 03:46 PM   #18

kaletore11's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1 Features MLB 14 The Show & NBA 2K14 For $89.99 (PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott
I'd be all over this if it was for PS4...
Same here, I've been thinking about getting 2k14 for some time now and I'll definitely buy the show 14. But ps3, no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by areobee401
Positive HIV test results > fans talking class in sports

Old 03-17-2014, 03:52 PM   #19
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: PlayStation Sports Pack Vol. 1 Features MLB 14 The Show & NBA 2K14 For $89.99 (PS

Quote:
Originally Posted by inkcil
I wonder why people are dogging the PS3 version of NBA2k? Is it because the PS4 version is also available at roughly the same price so the PS3 version is considered less valuable? Or is it because the PS3 has been out for so long already?
Not dogging the game, just its current value. If you only own a PS3 that version of NBA 2K14 has the same value to you as the PS4 version since they both retailed at $60 originally.

On Amazon right now the game is $40 brand new for a digital code or a physical copy. Its been on sale for cheaper in the past already as well. By the time April 1st comes around the game might be even cheaper or have been on sale for <$30.

The VC also seems like not that much of a deal, unless you did not preorder and buy this after release.

If you preorder MLB 14 on PS3 you can get $20 VC. So you could say.

Buy the combo pack and get MLB 14 & NBA 2K14 for $90 and get $5 VC for each ($10 total)

Or preorder MLB 14 and buy NBA 2K14 right now for $100 and get $20 VC for MLB 14.
Old 03-17-2014, 10:28 PM   #20
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by sydrogerdavid
So many fixes for Busch Stadium!
Wait..... what do you mean? What fixes .
Old 03-17-2014, 10:53 PM   #21
MVP

sydrogerdavid's Arena

OVR: 27

Maybe there aren't as many as I thought, but ever year, there are more and more things fixed that were previously incorrect.

1. The railing that holds the clock and neon cardinals is now black.

2. "Busch Stadium" is now on the wall underneath the bullpens.

3. The 375' marker is now on the RF bullpen wall.

4. There seems to be a tunnel where the RF gate is in real life.

5. I think they removed the black railing in the batter's eye as well.

Add to it that BP Village may have made it into the game, the LF wall may have been improved, the visitor's dugout roof could be corrected to reflect NL Championships, and we may now have some recognition of Big Mac Land, this will be the best version of Busch Stadium yet.

Oh, and they had all my photos to look at when making the PS4 version from scratch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Untitled.jpg (65.9 KB, 99 views)

Last edited by sydrogerdavid; 03-17-2014 at 10:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 12:53 AM   #22
Pro

jtott's Arena

OVR: 4
Quote:
Maybe there aren't as many as I thought, but ever year, there are more and more things fixed that were previously incorrect.

1. The railing that holds the clock and neon cardinals is now black.

2. "Busch Stadium" is now on the wall underneath the bullpens.

3. The 375' marker is now on the RF bullpen wall.

4. There seems to be a tunnel where the RF gate is in real life.

5. I think they removed the black railing in the batter's eye as well.

Add to it that BP Village may have made it into the game, the LF wall may have been improved, the visitor's dugout roof could be corrected to reflect NL Championships, and we may now have some recognition of Big Mac Land, this will be the best version of Busch Stadium yet.

Oh, and they had all my photos to look at when making the PS4 version from scratch.
Awesome .....
My biggest complaint about Busch over the last couple of years was the left field wall... with no retired players on it.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:14 PM   #23
MVP

elgreazy1's Arena

OVR: 28
I like the idea of packaging sports games, especially because they have such short shelf lives. I would like to see a gaming company switch over to the subscription model. Imagine if EA (if it were a quality sports game company) had a package where you payed $XXX a year to play the full-roster of all their sports games franchises? I actually would be more willing to pay the yearly amount, even if it's more money, then cherry picking which games I play for the season - which is about 1 new game a year.

Mi dos pesos.
Old 03-18-2014, 05:45 PM   #24
[Player 1]

thaSLAB's Arena

OVR: 30

Quote:
So many fixes for Busch Stadium!
LOL, I pretty much predicted this post!

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

YouTube

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »