Home

MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-18-2014, 01:17 PM   #121
Pro

Sco291's Arena

OVR: 4
Re: MLB 14 The Show Road to the Show Developer Blog

Quote:
Originally Posted by cameron_ball
I will always love this series but it's time for negatives because this community gives to much praise & little negative. First with RTTS where's a draft presentation? Why can't you do that? Base it off the real life like MLB network. I want to here player voices like in NBA 2k14. & I can still see that the fielding animations are horrible still they look like the guy is on some drug. I'm sorry but MVP baseball had better fielding animations & that was in 2005! In MLB they always were stiff. I'm hoping this is just the ps3 version & vita. Because NBA did do this also I was hating & then the ps4 stuff came out. So I'll give it time. But you guys need to be quicker with info I understand about the ps4 but the ps3 doesn't really have anything either? Like what? Come on. & with NBA 2k In mind make a good my team like with historic packs & team packs & etc. No one wants fake players. If you copied the nba 2k my team you would have so much fans. Baseball & MLB the show will always be life both in real life & my video game. Form ruin it. Show improvements & how about this little detail you know how a pitcher or batter steps out how about you make the screen shake making you want to step out making it more realistic. & also show fights & brawls. & get the new replay system in there please everything I just said.......
not sure if srs
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 01:24 PM   #122
Rookie

JohnnyP1119's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmik58
A lot of great improvements, but I think the way attribute points is handled may be the best change in the whole RTTS experience. It appears that initial ratings will be higher and we won't come in as a 55-rated player with A-potential. Instead, we can actually have some skill entering the minors, like in real life. Also, increasing the cost of attribute points as the ratings increase is going to be amazing and will make the mode more of a grind. It was too easy to turn into an arcade freak within two years and I actually had to just sit on points because I didn't want to hit 80 HR every year. I love the strategy this adds, especially with the cost to simply maintain the attributes as well. Fantastic steps to make this more of a true RPG within a sports game.
This...everything sounds awesome and this fix is great. It got to the point where your maxed out and it wasn't realistic.

I have a couple questions though.

1. will other major leaguers in your RTTS see rise/decline in there stats?

2. will injuries hamper attributes?
For example as a 1B, you have shoulder surgery and when you come back your durability lowers a few points as well as your power. Then the highest you can put power up to lowers from 99 to a high of 95 because of the injury.

Similar to speed guys...you tear a hammy, the highest your speed can get up to is now only 95, and you lose speed when you come back, as you probably would in real-life
Old 03-18-2014, 02:14 PM   #123
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianU
This sounds really impressive. I think I will give RTTS a shot for the first time this year. Can anyone tell me if you are allowed to use custom rosters with RTTS? Not a big deal if not but I think I would prefer playing against fictional players over the actual MLB if I was to create a new guy.
You can indeed use custom rosters.
Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 PM   #124
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0

I am really looking forward to this mode....I have dabbled in RTTS mode before (mostly on 12) and enjoyed it but never fully immersed myself.

These enhancements are really really inviting!

Can't wait to do this. My son will also create himself as a SS. He is pumped for this mode.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 03-18-2014, 03:24 PM   #125
Pro

OVR: 7

If I choose a 4 year college, will all other players on the roster age 4 years? Meaning some will retire, some prospects are legit all stars, some all stars are at the end of their careers, etc...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-18-2014, 03:43 PM   #126
Pro

jmaj315's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by brettryantalley
If I choose a 4 year college, will all other players on the roster age 4 years? Meaning some will retire, some prospects are legit all stars, some all stars are at the end of their careers, etc...
Your first pro season will always be 2014.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:54 PM   #127
MVP

OVR: 25
That looks awesome, I'm pumped for this to come out.

I've never been big into RTTS but this might make me drink the Kool-Aid.
Old 03-18-2014, 03:57 PM   #128
Rookie

hysteria499's Arena

OVR: 3

I am looking forward to this big time. Though I tinker with a little big in franchise in MLB the show. I think 2013 was the first year I just mainly plated RTTS. Its the mode I have pretty much always played since 07. It is nice and refreshing to see that they like to listen to the players and improve all the modes year after year. This is why I come back to this game year after year and buy it. It makes me look forward to next years game and the year after that and so on and so on. Now to get on with my point of this post and enough brown nosing yeah? Some of the things I am excited for!

1. The whole new progression into your character and its not all just based on attributes anymore!

2. I am so glad they added their version of a rookie showcase. That is something we have been asking for well for awhile now.

3. The draft being improved is nice. And I am sure in time will get even better. It is also nice to see that they added the feature to go back to school and such if you didn't like how you were drafted.

4. I am encouraged to make a catcher this year from the changes. It always took forever to call a game and now its just in important situations. Also its nice to know you actually have to catch the ball now! Makes sense since you are a catcher.

So all in all I know I didn't touch everything but Bravo SCEA. Also what is your paypal Kirby since I think a drink is well deserved your way friend.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »