Home

NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?

We’ve crossed into an uncertain era of NBA 2K on the "last" generation systems.

With the the PS4 and Xbox One set to receive their first full development cycle, it must leave current generation users wondering, “What’s left for us?” And because almost a decade has passed since we last found ourselves in this generational position, it’s difficult to look at history here as evidence for how 2K will approach the situation.

Read More - NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 11:46 AM   #2
Just started!

OVR: 0
Great ideas but are more likely to happen in this new-gen than the last. The old systems simply don't have the memory to have AI that is that advanced.
Old 03-20-2014, 12:41 PM   #3
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?

this and most other basketball games have always missed the soul and essence of what makes a great basketball game. individual teams and players playing relentlessly to their strengths. stars performing like stars and authentic environments have always fell short in lieu of making more shoes, headband options and more stupid stuff like that. dont get me wrong, i like the fact that they do that. but to spend time revamping a system of control that while is better, wasnt broken in the first place, and to continuously ignore that the game wont give dirk or kevin love any pick and pop opportunities and refuses to give low post looks to dominant low post players, or let stars be stars when its their time is just crazy. 2k cant even get late game strategy right for AI teams. the heat should run and over play the passing lanes, the spurs should move the ball relentlessly and have crazy plays that they run to get wide open corner 3s etc. the last EA sports offering on previous generation finally got the stadium atmosphere right. 2k has yet to do that. looking fwd to all of that possibly and finally changing in the future.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:17 PM   #4
MVP

Gramps91's Arena

OVR: 22
I don't know. I hope that "last" gen gamers get some good stuff. I'm not sure when I'll update yet.
Old 03-20-2014, 01:19 PM   #5
MVP

OVR: 19
I expect 2k to add a few features here and there for the next few title releases. anything after that will most likely be akin to roster updates

personally the things mentioned are a few slider adds away. add a few more gaemeplay tendencies and you can have players play to there strength

Id like to see the return of points of emphasis feature in timeouts, but also add counters to them. and simple things like create a coach will go a long way

agree with what mvpd34 said about atmospheres.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-20-2014, 05:14 PM   #6
MVP

Re: NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?

PC will have more HD textures..already has btw...than X1 and PS4, we can edit animations. We can change a lot of 2K14 core stuff. More will follow with geniuses like vl@d, jaosming, gamez etc.
Old 03-20-2014, 07:23 PM   #7
Just started!

I think they should let us use the camera to create ourselves.. Now that would be hot!!!!!
Old 03-20-2014, 08:32 PM   #8
Pro

asu666's Arena

OVR: 34
For last gen's offline single player modes to make the transition to the new generation.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »