Home

NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen? within the NBA 2K Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-20-2014, 08:50 PM   #9
*S *dd*ct

NINJAK2's Arena

OVR: 28
Re: NBA 2K15: What's Left for Current Gen?

I know there is not much CG 2k14 can do but the least they can do is upgrade the cyberfaces of those that need it (cp3, parsons,jimmy butler, vince carter, kd35, etc) When you look at the work 2k did on the europlayers and rookies it shows they are capable of doing better work on these faces!! I won't be buying 2k15 till I see screenshots of these guys. Also polish needs to be better (roger mason's photo used for Anthony mason of legend knicks squad, travis leslie for mugsy bogues--why not just use the cyberface as photo???). Comes off as a rush copy and paste job in the art department. They have to get RondoisGod, rashidi,vtcrb or someone in there to do player edits because I notice players play much more to their likeness in their rosters. Rosters are poorly edited by 2k. Last but not least, How hard is it for 2k to remove all the broken plays that vanwolfhawk(sp?) found from their game? These seem like things that could be accomplished by next release imo.
EA and 2k have the unfortunate task of trying to balance on a tightrope of fun and sim while trying not to fall 10,000 feet to their death. Instead of a safety net waiting down below there will just be angry customers quick to move out of the way and talk of their failure.

Last edited by NINJAK2; 03-20-2014 at 09:06 PM.
Old 03-20-2014, 11:45 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
How about all sports games on PS3 and 360 are slimmed down bare-bones download only games for $20-30? A season or franchise mode and online play and some creating options? I would've bought NBA Live the past few years for that. That's what has me interested in RBI Baseball this year.
Old 03-21-2014, 09:00 AM   #11
MVP

DBMcGee3's Arena

OVR: 7
I'd say we maybe get one more year where they actually make a real effort, then they'll be phasing out the old and force feeding us the new consoles. I have no problem upgrading, but hopefully the cost will come down a little more by next fall. Currently I can't justify making the move, the first 'cycle' of games just isn't that impressive.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 09:25 AM   #12
MVP

MarvinOida's Arena

OVR: 20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8KB24
PC will have more HD textures..already has btw...than X1 and PS4, we can edit animations. We can change a lot of 2K14 core stuff. More will follow with geniuses like vl@d, jaosming, gamez etc.

Yeah, I know that. I wonder why in CG there's no HD textures, probably due to the limitations or something, but I wish they can go GTA route and have preinstalled all the high quality data. (Or recreate LA Noires faces)

Because I do notice low quality in a couple of areas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-21-2014, 11:35 AM   #13
Hall Of Fame

vtcrb's Arena

OVR: 40

What's left for Current GEN? How about figuring out how to make a COMPLETE basketball game? Then using that as a MODEL for Next Gen. I mean lets be honest, they have focused all their time on "MY MODES" they have gotten away from TRUE Basketball. Here are My TOP 5 suggestions for Current Gen.

1. Implement NBA D League, so it works Properly in the game. Meaning make it so that USERs can EDIT DLeague teams in MAIN Roster MENU, so when they go into Association Mode, everything will be set.

2. Make an Improved CAP system NO Glitches

3. Make an Improved CAT system, NO Glitches

4. Make an effort to Get everything RIGHT upon release. If you advertise Rosters Accurate up to a Certain DATE, make SURE they are. Contracts, Faces, etc.

5. TEST OUT THE GAME. Try to release with as FEW glitches or ERRORS as possible. No game is PERFECT but to have the SAME issues every year is not acceptable.

Twitter: @VTCRBTEC

Youtube Channel:https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCKL...1uva35l4zFEofg

Roster Editing for Over a Decade
Old 03-21-2014, 09:57 PM   #14
MVP

Rondo is GOD's Arena

OVR: 23

What's left? Superior roster files and incredible modding. I'll take that over a graphics upgrade any day of the week.

Not even bringing up how incredibly broken Next Gen is outside of quick play.
In this case the lasagna restaurant started selling candy to kids and that became the best revenue stream so they’ve let the lasagna get worse and focused on becoming a candy store. The problem is this restaurant bought the rights to make lasagna so if we want lasagna we can only go to this place.
Old 03-22-2014, 10:30 PM   #15
Rookie

OVR: 2
They need to fix:
1) all around AI - I stopped playing the game because my CPUs played like freaking zombies. They wouldn't jump for rebounds, bend over for loose balls, play passing lanes or guarded their men properly, while the sorriest player on my CPU opponent team plays like an all-star.
2) DNA/player tendencies - NBA players cannot shoot as a collective group, yet I can play against the 76ers and they will hit 12 jumpers in a row. Unacceptable.
3) ball physics/rebounding - the ball physics around the rim needs some work. Also, rebounding is broken. It's like the game does an eenie meanie miney mo to determine who get the rebound.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-24-2014, 01:25 AM   #16
Just started!

OVR: 0
1) Fix teammates A.I cause they stand around or crowd the ballhandler
2) Fix the defense of user control. I play really good defense and the game will make my guy slide or to slow to react on defense. I can upload videos for proof if need be I record them all
3) Fix the reaching. A player will dribble with his left hand so I go to reach instead of going for the ball I go for his other side of his body. I can upload videos to show
4) Boxing out. Not everyone boxes out in the NBA. When a shot is released I shouldn't be boxed out at the 3pt line by a point guard cause that never happens I can upload videos to show
5) Human controlled players stand around to much when the ball is live or loose on the floor we can pick it up but the cpu can. Once again I have videos too show
6) The cpu is really impossible to crossover and when you would cross them up they recover so quick and stop you from driving.
7) Holding or the bumping the cpu does where you can't get away from them or on plays meant for you to come around the screen running to catch and shoot or drive they make you like walk/semi-run instead of a full sprint or at least a quick burst
8) Change the prices for the clothing and gear. 2k people are going to buy vc anyway for other modes just cut down the gear prices for arm/leg gear and shoes
9) I play on Golden State and the splash brother don't play like their real selves they play more like bums missing everything even though they mite be the best shooting backcourt ever. Make the stars of teams play like star not like bums
10) Bring Back Crew!!!!! Same crew from NBA 2K11 the park is just too cheesey and disappointing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball > NBA 2K Last Gen »