Home

MXGP The Official Motocross Game Demo Available Now on Steam

This is a discussion on MXGP The Official Motocross Game Demo Available Now on Steam within the Racing forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:11 AM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MXGP The Official Motocross Game Demo Available Now on Steam

DOWNLOAD THE DEMO, PRE-ORDER MXGP ON STEAM AND PURCHASE MotoGP™13 WITH -70% OFF

Milestone, one of the most recognized racing videogame developers and publishers for consoles and Windows® PC and Plug In Digital, announces the official STEAM PRE-ORDER Opening and the Official Demo Version Release of MXGP - The Official Motocross Videogame. This exciting new videogame is based on the official FIM Motocross World Championship and it will be available from 28th March 2014 on PlayStation®3, PlayStation®Vita, Xbox 360® video game and entertainment systems from Microsoft and Windows PC®.

Starting from March 21st 2014, clicking on http://store.steampowered.com/app/256370/ you will have the chance to pre-order the Windows PC® Digital Version of MXGP.

But Milestone has some other interesting news! Those who pre-order the game will have access, starting from March 24th, to a special offer: MotoGP™13 (Windows PC® Digital Version) with -70% off for 11,99€/11,99$. MotoGP™13 is the official videogame of one of the most famous brands in sports. The game MotoGP™13 includes all the tracks and riders of the 2013 MotoGP™ season (Moto2™ and Moto3™). MotoGP™13’s remains loyal to the spirit of MotoGP™ in all aspects of the game, from photorealistic graphics to TV style interface, including menus and sounds.

On March 21th 2014 the Official Demo version of MXGP will be also released on STEAM, with the following content. Available tracks: Great Britain – Matterley Basin. Riders: Antonio Cairoli, Clément Desalle and Gautier Paulin. Quick Race: a double race, with no qualification and custom difficulty setting. Players can also have a sneak-peek at the menus and the tutorials. The release date of the home console version of the Demo will be announced later on.
Platform: PC
Follow me on Twitter
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 10:09 AM   #2
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OVR: 33
Re: MXGP The Official Motocross Game Demo Available Now on Steam

I hate you for showing me this game.

Knowing how MUD was, I don't expect this to be good. But it looks so good, I'll still spend money on it day 1. Then be disappointed.

Then I shall hunt you down and kick you in the teeth.
Old 03-21-2014, 04:24 PM   #3
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

OK--I got in a few laps at the tail end of my lunch time, and I was very surprised. The bikes didn't float TOO much, but they had a little more bounce than in reality. But using the R stick to dig my weight into the rear tire or forward in a corner was actually really believable.

Heading down a straight, I couldn't just hold back on the R stick, as I popped a wheelie for a good distance. So it's not as simplified as lot of MX games are. The ruts don't seem to be all that realistic, as you can slide right across them and not really dig into them, so I'm not sure if it's just a graphical effect or what.

But what it did do is make me instantly want to buy it. I could lean back and drive off of a corner hard, but screwed myself up with that approach once, and ended up fishtailing back and forth as I tried to accelerate and ended up shooting the bike right out from under me.

I was very, very surprised. If the career is any fun, I'm going to be putting some serious time in this one.
Old 03-21-2014, 05:50 PM   #4
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
Thanks TC for the impressions. I hope a demo comes to the US or EU psn soon.
Old 03-21-2014, 06:23 PM   #5
MVP

TCrouch's Arena

I'm in the US, and I got the demo. So it's definitely stateside.

I only got to turn a couple of laps, but it really felt like a nice balance of realism and playability. I wasn't fond of Mud's 'powerslide everywhere' physics, but greatly enjoyed this one in the limited time I had.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-21-2014, 08:29 PM   #6
All Star

inkcil's Arena

OVR: 23
I mean on the psn, not steam. is it on psn already?
Old 03-21-2014, 11:01 PM   #7
Rookie

aimiami's Arena

OVR: 21
Pretty good game. Im not sure how long it will hold my attention though. I feel like a little more polishing wouldve really helped the game but then again its the only company to push a new MX game besides nordic games (mx vs atv)
Old 03-22-2014, 06:11 AM   #8
Pro

[Icy]'s Arena

OVR: 8

Pretty surprised, the separate controls for bike and body make a lot of sense if you have ever ride a Cross Motorbike or even a Bike.

On Pro physics and Realistic difficulty, it's hard enough, on the first races i couldn't do a full lap without falling down.

The only issue I find is that when you fall down, you are up in the bike too fast, in real life you would lose more time after falling down.

The bike setups are too basic, you can tweak a lot of parts of the bike but it's always between three settings.

Overall is a fun mix of arcade and sim.

If the career mode is bugs free it could be a very fun game, starting as an unknown rider with your own bike and trying to climb up the ranks to be offered a bike from the top brands.

« Operation Sports Forums > Other Sports > Racing »