Home

Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams

This is a discussion on Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:58 PM   #9
MVP

THESHAMISASHAME's Arena

OVR: 3
Pasta Padre the voice of a new generation said one thing dead on and I quote " the last thing sports games need is more realism "
Old 03-22-2014, 01:40 AM   #10
Banned

Clarke99's Arena

OVR: 0
Whoever the guy from SCEA who told Madden Girl (she always talks about Madden every Podcast) the majority of fans don't want history.... well... I'd say he's correct. There are historian lovers and that's great you're passions can exceed most fans of the show, but in reality it seems as though most, not all fans but most could give a rats... at least as far as historic mode and historic players, it has been done before (early Triple Play series) the novelty isn't worth the licensing im sure or else SCEA would have done it already.

Classic stadiums though, everyone likes more ballparks
Old 03-22-2014, 02:45 AM   #11
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50
Re: Press Row Podcast - Fields of Dreams

oculus rift/project morpheus in its current state requires move controls and did not see move controls taking off in this series and IMO this Virtual Gameboy concept will be another gimmick aka 3D TV
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 04:25 AM   #12
Rookie

In a play now online game im sure a lot of people would choose a classic team if they had that option. im not sure if it makes sence money wise or if its to much work to do. whatever though it will be fun enough playing the 2014 dodgers every other game online.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:56 PM   #13
*ll St*r

Knight165's Arena

OVR: 56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clarke99
Whoever the guy from SCEA who told Madden Girl (she always talks about Madden every Podcast) the majority of fans don't want history.... well... I'd say he's correct. There are historian lovers and that's great you're passions can exceed most fans of the show, but in reality it seems as though most, not all fans but most could give a rats... at least as far as historic mode and historic players, it has been done before (early Triple Play series) the novelty isn't worth the licensing im sure or else SCEA would have done it already.

Classic stadiums though, everyone likes more ballparks

I seriously doubt everything in this post except for the last part.
I would say that if he is saying that those that PLAY The Show.....might not have that much interest in the history of baseball(I doubt this as well....if they are gauging it by classic stadium sales..that's a truly poor indicator IMO)....it might have some credence....
But fans of baseball in general?....I would say OVERWHELMINGLY are interested in the history of the game.
...and a surefire way to make sure that younger fans aren't interested in it?
Ignore it.

M.K.
Knight165
Old 03-22-2014, 11:06 PM   #14
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

how many of these guys are playing this game late into the MLB season July/September and hear about all this customization do they even play Diamond Dynasty particularly Kat??
Old 03-25-2014, 03:21 PM   #15
OOTP Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by SK8RAK3NROLL
sorry for talkin to myself lol. back in the day when i played base ball and fastpitch softball i played ss.. i had a blast playin short.. get to the gms early have some one hit me grounders. my favorite player is iggy. today the tigers picked up ss andrew romine. so i searched the web find out all about him .. then i threw in mlb the show looked at his attributes and did bout hour of batting practice with him... So to the point im tryin to make id like to play a baseball game where i can practice fielding grounders especially ss. id spend lots of time doing it practicing diving and making great plays and id even have fun with the routine ground balls.
You can take grounders in Pro Baseball Spirits. You'll love the 100 Knock mode.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-25-2014, 03:26 PM   #16
OOTP Community Manager

Quote:
Originally Posted by HustlinOwl
how many of these guys are playing this game late into the MLB season July/September and hear about all this customization do they even play Diamond Dynasty particularly Kat??
I'm always playing deep in the year. Diamond Dynasty, at least the past versions, have done nothing for me. Going up against fake players with ridiculous attributes doesn't excite me.

I made one of my guys so powerful that he hit a home run almost every time he came up. That's when I lost all interest. Maybe this year will be better.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Twitter | YouTube | Twitch

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »