Home

MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 09:26 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show PS3 Launch Trailer: Baseball Is Better

did i actually see the pitcher look back to second base to check the runner! hallaluhya! i know i spelled that wrong. haha!
Old 03-21-2014, 11:58 PM   #10
Staff Writer

jmik58's Arena

OVR: 42
Haven't heard anything about gameplay improvements (ball physics, etc.) so I'm holding out for now. Some nice feature additions in other places, but I doubt it's a day-one grab for me.
Old 03-22-2014, 04:29 AM   #11
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by seanjeezy
Redbox better have this day one, no way am I spending an extra $60 just to work on OSFM for a month!
How many days do you plan to keep it? Unless you got a stack of free rental codes. Might just be better to buy it and trade it in once the PS4 version comes out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 07:19 AM   #12
MVP

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
How many days do you plan to keep it? Unless you got a stack of free rental codes. Might just be better to buy it and trade it in once the PS4 version comes out.
Or he could get it from gamefly.
Old 03-22-2014, 09:20 AM   #13
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrOldboy
Quote:
Originally Posted by aguero90
Or he could get it from gamefly.
Redbox is only $1/Day.

Thats 1/2 price of BN
Old 03-22-2014, 09:23 AM   #14
MVP

decga's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by GruffyMcGuiness
As excited as I am for the game, kind of a boring video. Can't wait to see the PS4 version
Yeah because we are looking forward to the PS4 version. LOL. I don't know why I even look at the trailer.. I hope the PS3 version sales are respectable this year. It is still a must buy if you have a PS3 system and have no intentions of purchasing a PS4.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:46 AM   #15
MVP

Nice video, but besides the Jays still having the wrong blue, the Marlins still have the wrong orange on their "team color 2"... the orange on their jerseys is fine but in player edits, as seen in the video on Saltlamacchia's catchers gear, the orange is like a bright yellowish like American cheese when in reality its a more fiery reddish orange (representing the Florida sunset).

Not a major issue I know but its strange when the two oranges clash on their jerseys. Its weird how they can have the color right on one aspect but wrong on another. At least the Jays blue is wrong everywhere if that makes any sense. Oh well.

Sent from my Nexus S using Tapatalk 2
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 12:12 PM   #16
MVP

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by decga
It is still a must buy if you have a PS3 system and have no intentions of purchasing a PS4.
Disagree ...

There is no doubt there are plenty of new features in MLB 14 (Quick Counts, Player Lock, Saving to multiple platforms). So it is a new game. But these feature changes will not be used by everyone.

- Quick Counts ... a good feature for those who want to play as many games as they can in a short amount of time. Obviously caters the the Franchise players who want to play as many seasons as they can. But not everyone wants to play a game in 10-15 minutes. Some people like to take their time, some people are not concerned with playing as many games as they can in the shortest period of time. I am not saying Quick Counts is bad, clearly it is a good feature for many. But if you don't use it should you buy the game for a feature you don't use?

- Player Lock ... a good feature for RTTS mode, where you are concerned with only your player. But not everyone needs or will used Player Lock. I am an MoM player, so Player Lock is a feature I won't use.

- Cross Platform Saves ... a good feature for those who plan on buying the PS3, to start their Franchises/Seasons as soon as possible and then be able buy the PS4 when it comes out a month later and continue on what they started in the PS3. But what if you have no intentions of buying a PS4 this year? What if you have no need to carry over your rosters from one year to the next? This feature will be used by many, but not everyone will use it.

So far the only thing I will get by buying MLB 14 is:

- Access to the 2014 schedule.
- More accurate player photographs with the current 2014 teams.
- Maybe a little more variety with the commentators though how much better is unknown.

I am sure MLB 14 will be a great game, but I am not convinced it is a "Must Buy" for myself. I am thinking I might be better off saving my $60 + tax and jumping into the MLB 15 for the PS4 platform next year.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »