Home

EA Sports UFC Q&A with Creative Director, Brian Hayes

This is a discussion on EA Sports UFC Q&A with Creative Director, Brian Hayes within the EA Sports UFC forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-21-2014, 08:25 PM   #9
MVP

CaliDude916's Arena

OVR: 14
Re: EA Sports UFC Q&A with Creative Director, Brian Hayes

Awesome that we get 7 female fighters. Aside from Rousey and Tate, I'm gonna guess the other 5 are McMann, Carmouche, Zingano, Davis, and Eye or Kaufman.

Follow me on Twitter
Old 03-21-2014, 08:32 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliDude916
Awesome that we get 7 female fighters. Aside from Rousey and Tate, I'm gonna guess the other 5 are McMann, Carmouche, Zingano, Davis, and Eye or Kaufman.
You are probably right. To be honest though, I would be totally fine with just Rousey and Tate if that meant more spots for the young guys in the mens divisions
Old 03-22-2014, 03:54 AM   #11
MVP

OVR: 39
Many of the answers the producers gave were very discouraging in me buying the game immediately. The Offline and single player features will be lacking on purpose. The Created a Fighter part of the game sound disappointing in this age and time of technology. I wonder how long the excuse of new technology is going to be used as an excuse instead of saying something wasn't part of their plan? You have no offline freedom. It's your offline experience which should be how ever you want, career and all!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-22-2014, 02:30 PM   #12
Pro

OVR: 33
I really hate it when developers use the excuse that gamers skip through cut scenes so we didn't bother too much with them. It's the little details that have helped make NBA 2K & MLB The Show stand out amongst sports games.
Old 03-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #13
MVP

OVR: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dazraz
I really hate it when developers use the excuse that gamers skip through cut scenes so we didn't bother too much with them. It's the little details that have helped make NBA 2K & MLB The Show stand out amongst sports games.
You are exactly right.
Old 03-22-2014, 08:50 PM   #14
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHAKYR
Many of the answers the producers gave were very discouraging in me buying the game immediately. The Offline and single player features will be lacking on purpose. The Created a Fighter part of the game sound disappointing in this age and time of technology. I wonder how long the excuse of new technology is going to be used as an excuse instead of saying something wasn't part of their plan? You have no offline freedom. It's your offline experience which should be how ever you want, career and all!
What do you mean "you have no offline freedom"?

The CAF response was a legitimate response. One, THQ took 3 games to get a decent CAF option. For three versions they had arbitrary caps on ratings. In the first two versions of the Undisputed, there was a huge difference between licensed fighters and CAFs when it came to graphics. All three versions had limits when it came to head shapes and facial features making it difficult to create guys like Big Foot Silva or Randy Couture.

I envision that CAF will be like EA MMA and if thats the case I'm OK with it. Fightershare makes it easy to download fighters. Gameface will help when it comes to faces (as long as there are no serious bugs like in FNC) and there is no ratings cap. That alone makes it better than THQ's CAF already.
Old 03-22-2014, 11:47 PM   #15
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
What do you mean "you have no offline freedom"?

The CAF response was a legitimate response. One, THQ took 3 games to get a decent CAF option. For three versions they had arbitrary caps on ratings. In the first two versions of the Undisputed, there was a huge difference between licensed fighters and CAFs when it came to graphics. All three versions had limits when it came to head shapes and facial features making it difficult to create guys like Big Foot Silva or Randy Couture.

I envision that CAF will be like EA MMA and if thats the case I'm OK with it. Fightershare makes it easy to download fighters. Gameface will help when it comes to faces (as long as there are no serious bugs like in FNC) and there is no ratings cap. That alone makes it better than THQ's CAF already.
I just feel as long as EA SPORTS makes the games people will always knit pick at every little thing. The game to me sounds excellent, game face sounds great, yea cut scenes at the end of fights are taken away I can live with that, entrances aren't gonna take 20 minutes I can deal with that as well. The game will have flaws just like 2k and any other game, but it will be good. People just need to get over that EA hatred. We all grew up on EA games, without ea most sports games wouldn't exist.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-23-2014, 04:33 AM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by grodbetatted
I just feel as long as EA SPORTS makes the games people will always knit pick at every little thing. The game to me sounds excellent, game face sounds great, yea cut scenes at the end of fights are taken away I can live with that, entrances aren't gonna take 20 minutes I can deal with that as well. The game will have flaws just like 2k and any other game, but it will be good. People just need to get over that EA hatred. We all grew up on EA games, without ea most sports games wouldn't exist.
Im with you 100%. I haven't been this excited for a game in a long time. Yes, some fighters and features will be missing but regardless, its going to be a great game and you can't please everyone. Someone is always going to have something negative to say.

« Operation Sports Forums > Combat Sports > EA Sports UFC »