Home

MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 03:06 PM   #1
Editor-in-Chief

Steve_OS's Arena

OVR: 77
MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year?

Jon Robinson, over at SI Extra Mustard, has posted an interesting MLB 14 The Show article on how Buster Posey and Brandon Phillips helped with the improvements on the Road to the Show mode. In the article, Phillips also reveals something he calls the "Showtime" button, a nice little detail that could make its way to MLB 15 The Show, according to Ramone Russell.

Quote:
"There needs to be a button to make bare-handed attempts,” says Phillips. “It should be called the ‘Showtime’ button or something like that, where you can not only pick up the ball barehanded, but you can attempt other trademark moves like flipping the ball between your legs or behind your back for a double play. Anything highlight-worthy would be on this button. It would be like baseball’s version of the freestyle button.”

The proposal brings a huge grin to Russell’s face. “A button to bare-hand the ball is a great idea,” he says. “Especially if it has a high risk/reward component. That way, you might do something amazing, but you also risk making a costly error. I’m putting it on the list for next year."
Platform: PS4
Follow me on Twitter

Last edited by Steve_OS; 03-28-2014 at 04:49 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 03:11 PM   #2
LADetermined

ShowTyme15's Arena

OVR: 12
Re: How Buster Posey, Brandon Phillips, and Other Players Help Shape MLB 14 The Show

Really good read.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:16 PM   #3
Banned

OVR: 4
Re: How Buster Posey, Brandon Phillips, and Other Players Help Shape MLB 14 The Show

1,000 likes. That was an awesome article. Thanks Steve! These sports games are getting so real, they're going from Ai, to DNAi. (Artficial Intelligence to DeoxyriboNucleic Artificial intelligence.) HAHA

Last edited by A_Quiet_Pro; 03-28-2014 at 03:20 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:22 PM   #4
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

OVR: 0

surely the image on the right isn't suppose to be buster posey? haven't read the article yet

Last edited by ryanmc564; 03-28-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 03-28-2014, 03:31 PM   #5
MVP

Heroesandvillains's Arena

OVR: 27

The "Show"time (get it? ) button is a brilliant idea!

That should:

A. Be the name of it. For obvious reasons.
B. Be in the game whenever the Devs nail it down.

NBA 2K has a similar feature, however the user can't really control it. Though I do love the realism.

Adding that and the ability to choose when would be phenominal.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 04:01 PM   #6
The Future

seanjeezy's Arena

OVR: 34

Great article, some quality stuff in there!

Remember fielding with the right analog stick in MVP? Something similar would be amazing.

It's really cool that they asked CC about his repertoire. Just to let you know CC, if you would've used my pitch edits you would've had a 2-seam all along, and I didn't even need to ask you about it

Just goes to show you that there really needs to be a human element when determining pitch types since the computer algorithms are bound to certain parameters...
Old 03-28-2014, 04:02 PM   #7
Rookie

Feliz__7's Arena

OVR: 0

What made me laugh was CC told Russell "...my 2-seam fastball breaks like this"! For all we know he could've told him it breaks 6ft! I know he didn't but that would be funny!
The "showtime" button, awesome idea!
Great article! Can't wait till MLB 15 the Show (and 14 hasn't even came out yet)! Lol
Old 03-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #8
All Star

HustlinOwl's Arena

OVR: 50

Showtime would be cool if implemented properly I dont want Uggla trying any spectacular plays at 2B of course tied to ratings, but again steer away from the signature skills model that NBA 2K has.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »