Home

MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year?

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year? within the MLB The Show forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 03-28-2014, 04:08 PM   #9
Pro

OVR: 0
Re: How Buster Posey, Brandon Phillips, and Other Players Help Shape MLB 14 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
surely the image on the right isn't suppose to be buster posey? haven't read the article yet
Yeah the pic on the right doesn't look like him at all, the one on the left does.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:32 PM   #10
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Re: How Buster Posey, Brandon Phillips, and Other Players Help Shape MLB 14 The Show

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am
Yeah the pic on the right doesn't look like him at all, the one on the left does.
I'm curious if there is limitations on the player models to where they have to alter the shape or features of the player head scan, I mean the picture doesn't totally not look like Posey but there are things that are off about it.
Old 03-28-2014, 04:49 PM   #11
Pro

metsfan4life1's Arena

OVR: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanmc564
I'm curious if there is limitations on the player models to where they have to alter the shape or features of the player head scan, I mean the picture doesn't totally not look like Posey but there are things that are off about it.
Yeah, that doesn't look too much like Posey. But it looks like an older version, so in all probability, he looks much better now. As long as the faces look as good as they did before, but more life like (due to the power of the PS4) then I'll be excited for this years game (graphics rise). But if they don't look substantially better in a few years, then I'd be disappointed.

Last edited by metsfan4life1; 03-28-2014 at 04:55 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 05:01 PM   #12
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Re: MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year

Showtime button would be nice, but only in that it would add more flamboyant animations to the fielding. I think I'd rather that these animations only express themselves when a player has high fielding ratings, but have them trigger automatically when the situation calls for it. If its another button I feel like many players may not get to use/see those animations.

Would be even better if you could assign them by player similar to the stance options. Like mentioned about you wouldn't want someone like Uggla to have the ability to do these so having a way to disable them in the editor would be awesome.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:04 PM   #13
MVP

tnixen's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Will I Am

I think the screenshot on the far right is from the PS3 version.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:05 PM   #14
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: MLB 14 The Show Gets Assist From Players - New "Showtime" Button Coming Next Year

It would be interesting if implemented correctly. Currently, the "bare hand" double play animation occurs far too frequently. Second basemen rarely barehand the throw to turn a double play which I see about once per game.
Old 03-28-2014, 05:07 PM   #15
Pro

ryanmc564's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by tnixen
I think the screenshot on the far right is from the PS3 version.
I was wondering that too.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 03-28-2014, 05:11 PM   #16
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grnngld
It would be interesting if implemented correctly. Currently, the "bare hand" double play animation occurs far too frequently. Second basemen rarely barehand the throw to turn a double play which I see about once per game.
Yeah, I posted how I didn't like this last year and got shut down by Ramone. Not sure why it got tossed asside since I feel its a completely valid point/complaint and looks awful with how frequent it happens if you ask me. Its a rare occurance in the MLB, yet it happens constantly in The Show.

Last edited by MrOldboy; 03-28-2014 at 05:13 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show »