Home

2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Demo Available Now For 360 & PS3

This is a discussion on 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Demo Available Now For 360 & PS3 within the EA Sports FIFA Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-03-2014, 03:46 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: 2014 FIFA World Cup Brazil Demo Available Now For 360 & PS3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I was very surprised when they made the annoucement that it wouldn't be coming to next gen consoles.
Ea already gave their reason and it's sound. The main selling point is pointed to Brazil and they're behind on the console cycle a generation. It's not that big of a deal. Look at it like this, they'll introduce the cool features added in this game on FIFA 15 which they will focus on more for next gen then 14 and hopefully make the player models far better if games like NBA 2k are anything to go by.
Old 04-03-2014, 04:41 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 2

I know there's criticism of the flow from FIFA 14 on the PS4, but if you go from the PS3 to the demo it's improved I think.

For some reason it seems to be like that because from what I remember, FIFA 10 was ok, but the World Cup game in that year seemed to be a lot better. I imagine if I did the same as a lot of others and had a PS4 I'd be a lot more critical however.
Old 04-03-2014, 10:31 AM   #19
Rookie

Defensively, the gameplay is much improved. I have much more control on defense and I don't feel like I'm ice skating on defense
Old 04-03-2014, 04:22 PM   #20
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

I've been playing soccer/football games for about 2 months now and have become addicted to them. So I will be adding this to my collection. It is disappointing that this game isn't next gen, but if I can stand to look at PES 2014 after playing FIFA 14 on the PS4, then I think I can tolerate this game until FIFA 15 comes out.
Old 04-03-2014, 08:05 PM   #21
All Star

Stormyhog's Arena

OVR: 15

After playing the demo some more I think I may pick it up after all. I like the feel of the game and if I am having fun and that's what matters most to me. Still disappointed it's not coming to next gen but I'll get over it.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-03-2014, 09:22 PM   #22
Rookie

I've been playing FIFA 14 on Xbox 360, so I am not actually stepping down from NextGen, but I feel like the graphics took a step back from 14 to this demo. The crowd shots seem better, but the gameplay and the menus are much worse. I'll give it a few more games to see if I get more used to it, but as for now I will be passing on the game.
Old 04-04-2014, 03:30 PM   #23
Banned

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaz Millenium
Ea already gave their reason and it's sound. The main selling point is pointed to Brazil and they're behind on the console cycle a generation. It's not that big of a deal. Look at it like this, they'll introduce the cool features added in this game on FIFA 15 which they will focus on more for next gen then 14 and hopefully make the player models far better if games like NBA 2k are anything to go by.
That is a lame excuse and it is a big deal. First there are no tournaments on next gen now they don't get a world cup game? I think their just lazy that's why they made excuses about how it is unfair to Brazilians. If it was on xbox one or ps4 do anyone actually believes it would affect the people of Brazil cause they don't have those consoles? People there would of bought it for the PS3/Xbox 360 regardless if other countries get the PS4 or Xbox One versions..

Last edited by UWfan206; 04-04-2014 at 03:32 PM.
Old 04-05-2014, 08:59 AM   #24
MVP

CarryTheWeight's Arena

OVR: 30

I may be in the minority, but I personally love the depth of the World Cup games exactly the way they are.

200+ national teams with real-life players? Commentary for all nations and players --- even reserve players on weaker teams? It thoroughly outdoes the FIFA series in that respect. I still play the 2006 and 2010 World Cup games years later. They're fun time capsules, if only to create custom World Cups with obscure teams that will likely never qualify.

EA could've only included the national teams that qualified and called it a day at $59.99 --- that or made a bare-bones $20 DLC like they did with UEFA Euro 12, which included generic players on unlicensed teams.

By that logic, I'm pretty much a "niche" consumer. After all, the opportunity to play as the real-life Macedonian team is a worthy enough reason for me to purchase this game every four years. Is the game perfect? No, and neither are EA's business practices.

At the end of the day, though, I simply find the game fun, the depth immersive and the features worthwhile enough to purchase.

« Operation Sports Forums > Soccer > EA Sports FC and FIFA > EA Sports FIFA Last Gen »