Home

Sports Video Game Uniforms Aren't Simple to Make

This is a discussion on Sports Video Game Uniforms Aren't Simple to Make within the Operation Sports Content and Other News forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-04-2014, 09:07 AM   #9
Rookie

BSchwartz07's Arena

OVR: 0
I'd buy the excuse a little better if EA and 2K didn't have the ability to put twice the uniforms in their games than we see in the show. While tons of alternates are fun, I'd love to see patches for post season, and an all-star game where players wear their own team's uni.
Old 04-04-2014, 10:15 PM   #10
Rookie

OVR: 0
Always amazed by the visual/graphics side of MLB The Show.

I'd love more of the year to year stats, player cards, awards tracking, and a list/ranking of players in each stat category.

Loved the new Quick Counts feature. Not a fan of them putting so much stock into the Franchise Mode online. It's just such a big beast. RTTS and some challenges make sense - quicker, easier.

But Graphics? Even the commentary, never been even the slightest issue for me. Just amazed to get what we get.

But the stats...pretty simple stuff...just find it a little tough how little record keeping it has, especially compared to other sports. This is baseball...the most historic game known to man. We have stats in those sports with great accuracy for over 100 hears. NFL...NBA...maybe 60 years at most.

Someone up there is right...graphics, etc...developer stuff...difficult stuff. So just thankful we get the game as is...but the simple stuff...aka the stats.
Old 04-06-2014, 10:30 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 3
Uniforms are kind of an obsession of mine, so a game must (at minimum) get the primaries and alts looking accurate. I like the throwbacks a lot. It's a great way to nod to the sports history, and allows me to represent my favorite look and era. I get nervous with games updating for next gen because it's a huge excuse to dumb all the retro designs.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #12
MVP

johnnyg83's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: Sports Video Game Uniforms Aren't Simple to Make

I'm obsessed with jerseys too. And I sympathize with some of what they report, but there's a lot they can be doing to adjust to their situation.

One of them should be using analytics to track what uniforms are being used. I never use the WhiteSox 1917 jerseys. Frankly I never use pre-1930 unis for anyone. I may be in the minority but why not track this.

Because if file size is an issue, maybe they should make choices based on what is actually being used than saying there's a limit to what they can do. Or if I could delete uniforms I don't like to open slots for new ones ...

« Operation Sports Forums > The News Desk > Operation Sports Content and Other News »