Home

MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay Announcement

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay Announcement within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-07-2014, 01:04 PM   #1
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42
MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay Announcement

The MLB 14 The Show team has been looking closely at the online issues in the game and have posted an announcement, as seen below.

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-07-2014, 01:44 PM   #2
Banned

OVR: 2
Re: Urgent: MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee

"We have accomplished much of this: input and timing for Batting, Pitching, and Fielding online all feel the same as offline with virtually zero latency"

That hasn't been my experience. Not even close.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:50 PM   #3
100 Miles To Go

Curahee's Arena

OVR: 42

Quote:
Originally Posted by misterkrabz
"We have accomplished much of this: input and timing for Batting, Pitching, and Fielding online all feel the same as offline with virtually zero latency"

That hasn't been my experience. Not even close.
They said they "accomplished MUCH of it" they didnt say "ALL of it" nor that they have "deployed it".

They very well could still be working on it in studio before it goes live.
Old 04-07-2014, 01:53 PM   #4
MVP

MrOldboy's Arena

OVR: 0
Urgent: MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay

I hope they can wipe the stats as I felt cheated on the two losses I took. One game it locked up and I had to manually reset and I got the loss. I'll wait until PS4 before I even think about online again, it is a complete mess.

They made it so far last year to the point where if two people were on wired connections the lag was almost gone completely. This had felt like a beta (or alpha) test for PS4 and it's a shame PS3 owners are receiving such a poor online mode.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:29 PM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 2

I only played one game because the game kept matching me up with the same guy 3 times in a row, and it was a mirror matchup (I really hate mirror matchups in sports games).

I never had any lag issues with swinging/pitching lag, especially with how terrible MLB 12 and 13 were to me. Just the visual anomalies like the article says, id say its still way better than previous versions, but I only really got to play one game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-08-2014, 03:27 PM   #6
MVP

baseballsim's Arena

OVR: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by lVlAtlZiX
I only played one game because the game kept matching me up with the same guy 3 times in a row, and it was a mirror matchup (I really hate mirror matchups in sports games).

I never had any lag issues with swinging/pitching lag, especially with how terrible MLB 12 and 13 were to me. Just the visual anomalies like the article says, id say its still way better than previous versions, but I only really got to play one game.
I had to look up "mirror matchup". I'm assuming it means when both challengers are using the same team?
Old 04-08-2014, 10:17 PM   #7
Banned

Steven78's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show Online Gameplay Announcement

So disappointing. Hopefully they get things ironed out. I've never seen online so completely broken before. Im starting to get a lil worried with the past online issues plaguing this series. Last year was the best I ever seen so it was disheartening to see this as bad as its ever been.
Old 04-08-2014, 10:50 PM   #8
MVP

jeffy777's Arena

OVR: 16

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curahee
They said they "accomplished MUCH of it" they didnt say "ALL of it" nor that they have "deployed it".

They very well could still be working on it in studio before it goes live.

Right after they said they "accomplished much of it", it immediately says, "input and timing for Batting, Pitching, and Fielding online all feel the same as offline with virtually zero latency."

It sounds like it's supposed to be a present tense thing.

They go on to say, "as a result of this overhaul and our emphasis on a minimal latency experience a number of visual anomalies and issues of synchronization have manifested that we are actively identifying and working to resolve."

So it sounds like the online gameplay with "virtually zero latency" should already be in place, but there are more fixes to come.

Last edited by jeffy777; 04-09-2014 at 12:20 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »