Home

MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 02:24 PM   #9
The Lama

Armor and Sword's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today

I have always been a closet Royals fan. From my early years playing and watching baseball, George Brett was one of my idols growing up in the late 70's and through the 80's and early 90's. It is without a doubt my favorite period of major league baseball (77-94).

I have been closely following the Royals and they are on the cusp of breaking through. A savvy GM can make a key trade or two for this team to put them over the top. Also maybe one major key Free Agent signing can also help them achieve the post season.

I am so tempted to take on the Royals when OSFM comes out......but man I want to play with my Yankees....Tanaka, Jacoby.....tough to turn them away.

But if I were to choose a team or two The Royals and The Marlins would be my top two choices to take on a challenging franchise, with good farm systems and lower budgets and beautiful ball parks.

Funny, I am playing for the Twins AA team in The Rock Cats with my RTTS 3B after being taken 6th overall in draft. I am no doubt going to take that 3B spot up in The Show at some point (if I am not traded)....I would be shocked if I don't get a September call up with the torrid pace I am on right now.
Rise of the Ronin (PS5)
Star Wars Battlefront I and II Remastered (PS5)

Follow me on Twitch
https://www.twitch.tv/armorandsword
Follow me on Twitter
https://twitter.com/ArmorAndSword23
Old 04-11-2014, 02:25 PM   #10
Rookie

BeatArmy's Arena

OVR: 1
Heh, want a challenge like KC? Try Toronto: brutal starting pitching, only two real prospects in Sanchez and Stroman (once OSFM rosters come out) but a lineup that can rake. Oh, and stick to the budget against NYY, BOS and TB.
Old 04-11-2014, 02:30 PM   #11
MVP

Miami has to make the list. A team like the Mets has more resources than the Marlins.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 02:48 PM   #12
Content Creator

bluengold34_OS's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by tessl
Miami has to make the list. A team like the Mets has more resources than the Marlins.
Miami was very close to making the list - trust me, but their farm system was a little weaker than the teams that did make it. I completely agree with your mindset though, and one could not go wrong with picking Miami over the five I listed.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:08 PM   #13
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by ckarlic
Im a huge Yankees fan but Im debating whether I should just roll with another team starting this year. I have always used the Yankees. If I were to go the different team route, id go with the Cubs, Rockies, or Royals.
You should use the Rockies. That's the team I'm going with this year.
Old 04-11-2014, 03:09 PM   #14
DJ
Hall Of Fame

DJ's Arena

OVR: 47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Take it easy......
You might be too young to remember this....

M.K.
Knight165
(Shudders). Man, so much hype for that rotation and it just didn't pan out. Those were some lean years for the Mets.
EA Sports PGA Tour (PS5)
PGA Tour 2K23 (PS5)
Super Mario Bros. Wonder (Switch)
Old 04-11-2014, 04:04 PM   #15
Pro

rynecandy's Arena

OVR: 8
My main question is whether the game even takes into account the farm system? Does it have real prospects, just with fake names in the game's default roster? If it does, that would be nice. If the game does not have actual prospects, I don't think the 5 teams in the article will work as intended. Maybe make a mention that it takes into account any OSFM rosters.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 04:26 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by rynecandy
My main question is whether the game even takes into account the farm system? Does it have real prospects, just with fake names in the game's default roster? If it does, that would be nice. If the game does not have actual prospects, I don't think the 5 teams in the article will work as intended. Maybe make a mention that it takes into account any OSFM rosters.
You must be new here

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »