Home

MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today

This is a discussion on MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today within the MLB The Show Last Gen forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 04-11-2014, 04:30 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knight165
Take it easy......
You might be too young to remember this....

M.K.
Knight165
That's all I think about everytime they plug Harvey and associates. I don't know if I remember that threes name. But surely they were no Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery.

But let me try... Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhauser, and... for some reason Presley rings a bell. But it's not Alex like the former Pirate OF'er. I can't think of that third one.
Old 04-11-2014, 04:38 PM   #18
Fear The Spear

37's Arena

OVR: 31
Re: MLB 14 The Show: Five Teams To Rebuild Today

Quote:
Originally Posted by braves_94
That's all I think about everytime they plug Harvey and associates. I don't know if I remember that threes name. But surely they were no Glavine, Smoltz, and Avery.

But let me try... Paul Wilson, Jason Isringhauser, and... for some reason Presley rings a bell. But it's not Alex like the former Pirate OF'er. I can't think of that third one.
3rd guy of *Generation K* was Bill Pulsipher
Old 04-11-2014, 05:06 PM   #19
Expletive Deleted

Ghost Of The Year's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by MMChrisS
Sure, it’s easy to grab a team like the Dodgers, Red Sox, Cardinals, Tigers, or Yankees and all but guarantee yourself a playoff spot on a yearly basis,
According to the game the Yankees are rebuilding and not the Mets. Also they have the Phillies rebuilding and not the Cubs or Astros FWIW
#44Syracuse
Old 04-11-2014, 05:22 PM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 1
Too bad the picture for the Mets' profile has a uniform which isn't in the game for reasons unknown.
Old 04-11-2014, 05:32 PM   #21
MVP

HozAndMoose's Arena

OVR: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroalex
Too bad the picture for the Mets' profile has a uniform which isn't in the game for reasons unknown.
The reasons are known. You just dont know or done want to believe that's actually why.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 04-11-2014, 05:40 PM   #22
Rookie

papasmurf's Arena

OVR: 2
i have used the royals for every baseball game ive had for a franchise since mvp 05. they are my second favorite team next to the cardinals andf its pretty close i like both about the same . i grew up at the lake of the ozarks in central missouri and grew up watching the cardinals and royals as well as the chiefs and the football cardinals in the seventies and eighties. the royals had a really good team when i was growing up. all the other teams sucked until about 82 when whitey herzog went from the royals to the cardinals. i also grew up a huge mizzou fan with columbia being about a hour and a half away but the were pretty pitiful during most of the eighties and as a result rarely on tv. had to listen to them on radio which i did faithfully every saturday. i didnt become a blues fan until about 89-90 when i moved here to st louis area where ive been ever since.
Old 04-11-2014, 06:36 PM   #23
Senior Circuit

KingV2k3's Arena

OVR: 21

Kind of surprised to see the Royals in the 5 spot, since CWS looks to me, to be much more of a challenge to turn around...
Old 04-11-2014, 06:55 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 25
I'm not too sure about the Royals being in the 5 spot. This 2014 team on paper is arguably one of the best teams in franchise history. They obviously aren't on the same level as the Cardinals or Red Sox but overall it's a pretty solid team. There really isn't anything to rebuild anything. What you see on that roster right now is what you're going to see for the next 3 or 4 years minus perhaps James Shields and another player or two. Realistically, the only way to win with this team is to stay the course. The payroll is maxed out and the only real ways to improve the team are to let the players currently on the roster get better and let the kids in the system develop. I'm a huge fan but I'm not gonna sit here an be a homer. They could get better but there isn't really anyone can do to make them better without provoking a massive rebuild which makes zero sense.

If anyone should be on there, it should be the White Sox. They've got a mediocre (but promising) offense and pitching staff. Paul Konerko is gone after this year and Adam Dunn is probably on his last leg with Abreu now in the fold. The White Sox have to rebuild their bullpen, find more reliable arms in the rotation and develop Matt Davidson, Jose Abreu, Adam Eaton and Avisail Garcia before they come anywhere close to tasting the playoffs. I'm sorry but the Royals are a better team than the White Sox.

« Operation Sports Forums > Baseball > MLB The Show > MLB The Show Last Gen »